“Big Dissappointment!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Big Dissappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I have heard many great things about this cozy little pub, but when I finally went in for the first time, I was sadly disappointed. I was joining some friends who had gone for lunch. What was left of their food by the time I arrived was just sad. Fish and chip batter soggy and undercooked, fries like overdone cardboard. I was there for about 25-30 min total, in that time out server came over twice, once to give us the bill (once we had asked someone else for it) and once to bring the corrected bill (there were some errors). I can sympathize, I know we all have bad days or whatever the case my be, but there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for me sitting there for half an hour without being offered so much as a water while my server is talking to a couple 2 tables down! Good thing I ate at work. Probably wont return. Unbelievable!

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waymarker, Director of Sales at The Georgetown Pub, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Sorry to hear about your experience and if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me judy@waymarker.ca

78% Recommend
calgary
“Cosy meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful meal in the Georgetown Inn Pub. Very friendly staff, good variety to choose from on the menu.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Canmore, Alberta, Canada
“Great space!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Good food, good beer (can't go wrong with Guiness on tap) and one of the coziest restaurants with fireplace in Canmore.

Visited August 2013
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Regular Servers Off for Thanksgiving?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had breakfast there and will go back when we are in Canmore again. Although the coffee was a bitter blend for our tastebuds, the French Toast was amazing. Mine had berries embedded between thick nicely cooked slices of French Toast while my daughter's had ham and cheese in the middle. My wife's traditional breakfast was excellent with perfectly poached eggs and potato chunk hash browns. The ambiance is wonderful with bits of mountaineering trivia and equipment on the walls around us. Our waiter seemed a little mystified by the job he was doing. He kept asking how our drinks were but kept forgetting to bring the orange juice when reminded it wasn't there. He dropped a platter in the hall but forgot to wipe it up after picking up the plates and dishes. I ended up going to the counter to pay. He was a nice young fellow so we figured that maybe the regular staff were home for thanksgiving and he was filling for them. It seemed like that family kind of place that would let its employees be home if possible.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary
“Quaint and cool tavern!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate at this pub 3 times during our stay in Canmore. Great food, AMAZING breakfasts, warm and friendly service. The decor is not run of the mill and has an old-world feel in the whole Inn,.

Visited October 2013