“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Private Tour
$642*
and up
Private Tour: Canadian Rockies Romance Helicopter...
Ranked #9 of 38 Activities in Canmore
More attraction details
Owner description: THE MOST POWERFUL EXPERIENCE IN THE ROCKIES!Flights available every day, during daylight hours.Heli-Sightseeing from 6 to 55 minutes. Heli-Adventures include hiking, yoga, dog-sledding and snowshoeing.Romance Packages and Gift Vouchers available.
Kent
59 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a great trip. I'd booked it as a suprise for my husband as it was one of the things to do on his "bucket" list. As we were on holiday in Banff, without a car, Karen from Kananaskis came and picked us up, and then took us back again after the trip. The pilot was very good, as were everyone on the ground. I'd booked the trip on line (via British Airways) and found it very easy.
The whole trip was a great success. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Canmore
“What a fantastic experience! Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

After receiving an ALTO award for Service Excellence from Travel Alberta, we wanted to celebrate our achievement with the entire Stoneridge Mountain Resort Team. We decided on a 20 minute helicopter tour in Kananaskis and all 30 of us had an absolutely outstanding experience. Many of our team members had never ridden on a helicopter before, and Sabrina and the rest of the k-Heli team went out of their way to ensure each member was familiar with the safety procedures and made everyone feel at ease. The flight was amazing and the pilot provided some commentary and history of the area making the trip even more enjoyable. A great big thank you to the entire Kananaskis Heli team for making our afternoon of celebrations extra special!

Visited November 2012
KHeli, Manager at Kananaskis Heli Tours, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank You Edward for choosing KHeli to celebrate your achievement.

We are glad that you and your team had a wonderful time and it was our pleasure to fly you.

Regards
Sabrina
Bristol, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
“See the Rockies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were booked in on the Ultimate Assinbone tour, a flight of roughly 55 mins going around Mt Assinbone.

We found the process of booking and confirming the flight very easy, especially as we did it via email. We got swift and helpful replies to our emails.

The location is easy to find (especially when you end up following the nearby casino's van!) and a ton of parking. Complimentary coffee and drinks were provided whilst you wait for the flight too.

We were given a safety briefing which was clear and easy to follow and it was only a few minutes before we were led out to the helicopter.

The flight itself was superb, I won't try to put into words the scenery, as you just need to see it yourself.

Our pilot/guide pointed out all the places of interest, and was able to answer our questions although I resisted the temptation to try to get him to name the countless lakes and mountains!

I think the flight lasted over the specified 55 minutes, maybe due to the head wind and I think it was certainly about the right length, the company offers shorter trips but I'm glad we went for this one. We did pass over one of their other helicopters which had landed for a picnic and I think that would be a superb second trip.

This was my wife's first flight in a helicopter and she was very happy with it, and our pilot was very confident which helped when there was a little turbulence.

I can recommend Kananaskis Heli Tours and without a doubt getting a view of the the stunning scenery from few thousand feet up is well worth the price.

Ontario
“Very cool! But not worth the cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We ordered the Romance package which according to the website includes a 20 min helicopter ride as well as a 1 hour stop with dessert and sparkling wine. We started out about 15 minutes late which was disappointing as we had arrived on time, ready to go. The pilot was very friendly which was the best part of the trip. The stopover was in a field, which was disappointing as the website photos led us to believe that the stop would be in the mountains. The sparkiling wine was nice, just a small bottle which is fine since we drove. But the dessert was a joke. We were given two Lindor chocolates. For a few hundred dollars extra, I expected a lot more than that. Overall, the flight was great, but I would not recommend spending the extra money for the 'perks' of the romance package.

Visited September 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
85 attraction reviews
“First Helicopter flight and loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was very nervous about going on my first Helicopter flight near Banff and almost backed out at the last moment! The weather was superb, no wind and sunny, I think that is what persuaded me to take the flight and I am so glad I did, it was marvelous. No complaints about safety, felt very secure, the staff were friendly and professional, it was a very enjoyable 30 minutes flying over some spectacular scenery.

Would definitely recommend this attraction to others.

Visited May 2012