“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Wood
Description: "One of the Top Ten restaurants outside Calgary" - John Gilchrist. We are proud to introduce the Authentic Mexican cuisine in Canmore since 2009. Our top quality Mexican fine cuisine is what make us unique. All our menu item selections are artisanal handmade with natural ingredients from scratch. Our dishes are gluten free and veggie friendly. If you are looking for a marvelous dining experience, let your palate discover the ethnic flavours of our land, in an intimate and cozy setting enjoy truly healthy and exquisite meals, organic Mexican cafe and original signature drinks in an real Mexican ambiance. Please, keep your passport ready for this magical gourmet adventure at Welcome to Mexico in the Canadian Rockies!!!
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We love Mexican food but have few options here Richmond BC. Our tostadas and enchiladas were very tasty, service was friendly and they were fine with my wife and I sharing plates. Great cheesecake dessert but the espresso needs some work. Overall good dining at a fair price.

Robert Turnbull

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Westminster, Canada
“Exceedingly Mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Don't have a ton of positives to say about this restaurant.

My wife phoned for a reservation, left a message, and never received a return call. That should have been a tipoff. We showed up anyway and found a reservation wasn't necessary. There were only 3 other tables with customers in the restaurant.

A sign at the front instructed us to "Please Wait to Be Seated". Neither of the servers folding napkins at the bar seemed inclined to be the one to seat us. When someone did, after several minutes, he simply waved at the entire restaurant and told us to pick a seat. I don't mind waiting to be seated, in fact I expect it. But if I'm just going to seat myself once the host arrives, then please don't make me wait to do it.

After a wait of several more minutes we received menus and, eventually, drinks. Despite the fact that there were only 3 other tables, the food was very slow in coming out.

Food was decent- I had Enchiladas Nortenas, my wife had the Mole Verde. Neither was particularly special and the menu wasn't much different than any other taqueria anywhere in the world. Each entree was worth about $16. The problem was that we had to pay about $25 for each.

Unspecial food... excessive prices... slow service. Not a good combo. We won't be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible service, way overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Extremely slow service. Bad food. Ridiculously overpriced. We entered the restaurant as the dinner rush was winding down. Once we were seated, we waited at least 10 minutes before the waiter came to take our drink order. I ordered "homemade unsweetened iced tea" and pointed to it on the menu. At least 10 more minutes passed, and a waiter came and asked for our food order - the drinks had still not arrived. I ordered the chicken enchilada and the waiter said "i think we are out of that, i'm not sure", after several moments of going over the menu he finally went to ask the kitchen, came back and said "yes, we do have that". We waited some more and watched as all three wait staff on the floor bussed tables instead of making our drinks. When the drinks arrived I took one sip and could tell it was nestea from a soda fountain. When I brought this to the attention of the waiter he acted as if he thought that's what i ordered, then took the glass, went to the bar and dumped it, put tap water in the glass and dunked a teabag in it for a few minutes. He brought me the glass of room-temperature, yellow tinged water with absolutely no ice in it. My partner had ordered a Caesar which was extremely weak and unappealing. We also noticed the woman at the next table sent her drink back, saying it was very bad. When the food finally arrived, it was an unappetizing mess. Bland, stringy shreds of chicken in blue-grey tortillas that were a soggy mush. Neither of us could eat much of our meals, even though we were very hungry. The wait staff here appears to be completely untrained, and there was no bartender or anyone who had any knowledge whatsoever of mixing drinks. The wait staff hung around the bar area joking with each other while we waited for someone to give us our bill. My partner finally went up to them and asked to pay so we could get out of there. He paid the exorbitant bill, and we left there feeling disappointed, ripped-off, still hungry and slightly sick. If you are ever visiting Canmore, AVOID THIS RESTAURANT!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Unexpected surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My brother and I discovered this restaurant last year during our visit to the area. In both instances, we frequented this restaurant for lunch. My brother particularly likes the pulled pork tacos. On one occasion I had the fish tacos and on the other the chicken burrito. You are served three tacos which can be more than you may want or need for a lunch meal. The chicken burrito was tasty but also more than I could eat. My brother was more than willing to enjoy the other half.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Kids menus great. Portion just right. Asked waiter to recommend something small portion and Mexican hot. Was not too hungry. Perfect recommendation. Kids loved their choice as did wife, salmon entree. $60 family of 4 excluding tip. A little pricey.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere