“Horrible Food Deja vu” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Wood
Description: "One of the Top Ten restaurants outside Calgary" - John Gilchrist. We are proud to introduce the Authentic Mexican cuisine in Canmore since 2009. Our top quality Mexican fine cuisine is what make us unique. All our menu item selections are artisanal handmade with natural ingredients from scratch. Our dishes are gluten free and veggie friendly. If you are looking for a marvelous dining experience, let your palate discover the ethnic flavours of our land, in an intimate and cozy setting enjoy truly healthy and exquisite meals, organic Mexican cafe and original signature drinks in an real Mexican ambiance. Please, keep your passport ready for this magical gourmet adventure at Welcome to Mexico in the Canadian Rockies!!!
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Horrible Food Deja vu”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Well, our dinning experience was well summarised in the previous review; however, since then the owner took some of the feedback and purchased a Mexican music cd.

Otherwise, this Resturant makes Taco Bell seem gourmet.

1)Crap service
2)40 min wait to receive Mexican food that was nothing more then reheated (and burnt!) food that had been previously frozen.

And did I mention crap service! Even after getting the partial attention of the server, and providing some delicate feedback about our collective dissatisfaction with the food, little remedy was provided. She went to talk to the manager who simply just rolled his eyes and did nothing, except for a half-assed excuse that "we may not know what northern Mexican food is about".

I do hope that they decide to reconsider the illegal alien that they have smuggled into their kitchen and possibly hire a chef that maybe knows that mole actually means sauce and is not just the gravy globbed on to the pre-cooked food.

“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I could start this review by pointing out the frustrating dichotomy of eating in a Mexican restaurant that plays Italian opera music and is presumably too cheap to purchase a couple of Los Lobos CDs on half.com. Or I might explain that not running the kitchen range hood so that your restaurant is smoke-filled doesn’t really add the touch of “authentico” that one hopes to find when dining Tex-Mex. The problems with these approaches are two-fold: (i) a word like “dichotomy” stands zero chance of being understood by this restaurant’s “Hey dude” staff (not at least without reference to a dictionary and not of the English-Spanish, Spanish-English variety), and, (ii) use of the term “dining” in the same sentence as “Aroma Mexican Restaurant” ought to be an offence that carries no less a punishment as shooting wildlife in Banff National Park. So, I opt for a simpler approach and one addressed directly to this restaurant’s unfortunate owner: your food is crap; your service is crap; your portion sizes are crap; and finally your ambience is, you guessed it, crap. On the off chance that you care to run a restaurant that is not crap, let me helpfully point out that fajita fixings are supposed to appear in a skillet and be sizzling hot, not arrive tableside in some sorry lukewarm pile plopped on a plate. Until you figure out this and other mysterious fine points of Tex-Mex cuisine, might I make a further recommendation, this time to your potential customers: please, PLEASE, eat elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Canada
“Excellent food and service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This was the first time my wife and I ventured over to Aroma, and I can tell you with full confidence that we had a wonderful time! We shared a nachos with salsa, been dip and Guacamoli. I had the Basa Fish Tacos and my wife had the Beef Burrito. The Burritos and Tacos were amazing, the been dip was to die for and the salsa was fantastic. My wife and I have had the same food down in Los Cabos and Cabo Pulma in Mexico, and we both agree we favor Aroma (we thought we had the best down in Mexico).

The Waiter we had, Mateo I do believe was extremely pleasant, helpful and accommodating. My wife has troubles with spicier foods, but loves Mexican Food (go figure haha). Mateo had the Cheff make up salsa which would be easier to handle, and it was right on the money!

Thank you all at Aroma for all you do and the wonderful meal. A special thanks to Mateo (if thats your name - Waiter 24 haha) your great service alone has us determined to come back.

Mike & Aimee Ritz

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Lunch was so delicious that we returned for dinner the next day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you 'd like to experience Authentic Mexican Cuisine, we highly recommend Aroma Cafe on mainstreet, Canmore.
LUNCH
Chicken Burrito Platter: crispy shells, tender chicken, flavourful black beans.
Enchiladas Verdes: incredible verde sauce
Entomatadas: amazing veggie dish with goat cheese. The tomato sauce was exquisite. The vegetables so packed with flavour.
SUPPER:
Chicken Fajitas Taco Platter: generous for 2 portion, tasty chicken breast
Jose's Relleno Poblano: The chilies were stuffed with goat cheese and once again, the tomato sauce pure and tasty.
Lora, our waitress and owner was gracious, helpful and friendly. The Jipsy Kings played the music flowed and the three of us friends thouroughly enjoyed this Mexican experience! We will be back! Hmmmmm... Maybe we'll try breakfast!?

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary Alberta
“Best Mexican Food in Canmore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A bunch of people from my work were staying overnight in canmore for our xmas party and we went to Aroma for breakfast. The food was amazing, I am not normally a fan of Mexican food or beans and this place completely changed my mind

Visited November 2012