“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Canmore

You added Ramada Canmore to your Saves list
Ramada Canmore
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1402 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1N5, Canada (Formerly Canmore Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
calgary
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Let me start by saying how quick and painless the checkin was. It took less than five minutes. The suite we booked was just right for my family. It was two rooms that were joined together but not separated by a wall. Had a fridge and microwave plenty of things to crash on and a nice flat screen that my boys could plug their xbox into later in the evening. It was very easy to get to Banff and Lake Louise as the hotel is very close to the transcanada exits but I couldn't the highway. The kids must have run up the stairs to use the waterslide about 100 times and the breakfast was the best continental I've ever seen. Fresh coffee was available 24 hours, something I really appreciated.

Room Tip: Open concept suites are perfect for families with small children
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Ramada Canmore, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We are so happy your family enjoyed your stay with us. Please come again and you can expect the same level of service and amenities each and every time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We spent 3 nights here from Aug 19 to Aug 21. We had a big reunion with a big group of friends from more than 30 years ago. We booked directly with the hotel as the price is the same with hotels.com or the other websites.

The hotel is a little worn out, but we have no complaints about our room which is on the 2nd floor and facing the main street. The view (to the mountains) is great from our window. The breakfast is just regular continental breakfast, fulfilling, and plentiful but plain.

The location is great, as it is only 15 minutes from the Banff National Park, and very close to the highway. The great thing is you can ask to borrow a pass to the park (with a deposit of $150) and that wil save you the daily entrance fee of $20. They have a limited number of passes and it is first come first serve, so make sure you arrive early or ask the front desk when other people have checked out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Ramada Canmore, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. During your next stay please ask for one of our rooms that have completed renovations.
We are dissapointed you didn't find our Free Hot Continental breakfast to your liking, we mostly only receive very positive feedback. Please don't hesitate to make a suggestion about breakfast during your next stay. We're very, very pleased you found our Courtesy Park Pass useful and as you know please ask in advance if you're planning to borrow it, the numbers are limited.

Best regards
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The up side to this place is its daily room rate "compared to what everything else in the area" but it's still very expensive. This hotel looks and feels tired and in need of a some serious reinvestment of capital. Paid extra to have a room on the side that does not face the train tracks but then you will face the main street in Canmore. Fixtures in the room were broken, rug looked worn and bathroom was straight out of the 70's. Never paid so much to get so little! Breakfast was just sad unless you grew up eating toaster waffles and pancakes. The sausage was so cheap that it had a strange texture and kids settled on toast because none else was good. We were in the area to see the park so we did not use the indoor slide but it looked fun, and this hotel is in a great central location. Just bring your own wipes to clean before you settle in for the night.

Room Tip: choose a road side room away from train tracks.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay with us. We are glad you found our daily rate to be better than the rest of the hotels in the area. We have been told over and over by guests that we offer the best value in the Cnamore/Banff area. Please keep in mind that August is High season in the valley; the rates are quite lower from October to May.
We are disappointed that you did not find our Free Hot continental breakfast, as you can see by other posted reviews, we mostly receive only very positive feedback about it.

Warm regards
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was our last hotel stay on our trip across Canada and the worst hotel (we stayed in 10 others over two weeks). We stayed 23rd-25th August. The room was not clean, I had to go back to Reception and inform them it had not been vacuumed. I received no apology from the front desk, a call to housekeeping was made and somebody turned up to vacuum where there was also no apology. The room itself was dusty, I ended up going around the room dusting myself! Tops of headboards and the bedside tables, desk and other furniture were dusty and with ground in stains. Behind the TV on the chest of drawers had not seen a duster for months! The lamps were also in a state of disrepair. One of the handles on the chest of drawers came off in my hand as I opened the drawer. The sheets were stained and had a few odd hairs and were very old. It was a huge disappointment due to us staying there for 3 nights. The whole room was very dated and needed a complete makeover. The swimming pool also was extremely busy and completely inadequate for the number of people. Both my children had skin rashes after using the pool. There were large very dangerous pools of water on the ground due to inadequate drainage. This area is also in need of complete renovation. There was also an occasion where no towels were available. After staying at all the other hotels on our holiday, this hotel stood out so negatively I felt I had to write this review. The breakfast was very very well replenished by the staff, but the seating was also completely inadequate for the number of people staying, the saying "feeding time at the zoo" springs to mind! On our last morning before checking out I checked under the beds for anything we might have left, and found old sweet wrappers, an old pen and pad (not ours!) which just shows the very poor housekeeping. I cannot believe this hotel is a Ramada as my experience of Ramada Hotels in the past certainly do not match this one. The only good thing about this hotel was the view of the mountains.

Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Normally I would never write a bad review, its not my style, instead just forget about it and not go back but this place was filthy and my husband said I should write about it on trip adviser so that when people stop going here they will know why. The bathroom was not very clean and we found what looked like pubic hairs in the sink. There was also a big sticky greasy blob (about 1" around) on the dresser and more than one stain on the very starchy stiff sheets.....yuk. I also got a big rash all over my body after coming out of the hot tub, yes an itchy red rash that luckily went away after an immediate all over soapy shower. We went to this place often when it was the Canmore Inns and Suites and never had a problem, we always enjoyed it but now we will NEVER go back here again.The front reception staff were nice though. I would say the cleaners were the problem here, or lack of cleaning care and attention.

Room Tip: Rooms were nice and big but not clean.....at all!Very dirty place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Ramada Canmore, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking your valuable time to review your stay with us. We invite you to contact us directly so that we may better pinpoint the problem areas you’ve mentioned. The hotel is under the same management as your last stay here when it was the Canmore Inn & Suites so you can expect the same level of caring when speaking to our management. We would like to isolate which room and which dates you occupied them so we may better take care of the above mentioned issues. We have no record of your issues and problems at the front desk.
Please, feel free to reach us directly at 1-888-678-4656.
Warm regards,
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was very nice and located close to everything in Canmore so we could walk anywhere we wanted to go.
The staff were really great about accomodating our request for an extra day.
They have a terrific continental breakfast which just set the day off in the right direction every morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and review. We forward to serving you again and please don’t hesitate to tell us how we can make your stay extra special.
Southern Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night mid-week a few weeks ago. We booked two rooms since we were two families. My sister with her husband and two toddlers booked an economy room with two double beds while I booked a deluxe room with two queen beds. I also had my husband and two toddlers with me. I can tell you that my sister totally regrets trying to save herself $15 by choosing the economy room. I'm sure that room is fine if you're one or two people but if you have a family spend the extra money and go for the deluxe room. There is a lot more space in those rooms.

Aside from that I can only reiterate what other's have already stated. The breakfast is awesome. Plenty of food.

The waterslide is great for the kids. Mine wore their own waterwings and had a blast (they're only 2 & 4 yrs old and I can't believe they both spent more than an hour going up and down the slide).

We stayed here due to it's proximity to Banff. We wanted to tour Banff for two days but didn't want to spend the money to stay in Banff. It's only a 15 min drive from Banff to Canmore and I suggest that if you want a really nice hotel for a much cheaper price including breakfast that this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Go for the Deluxe Queen room if you're a family. Spend the extra $15 because it's worth it...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We’re pleased your family enjoyed all that we have to offer here at the Ramada Inn & Suites Canmore and that you found our location to be to your satisfaction. Please come again anytime.

Been to Ramada Canmore? Share your experiences!