“Great Price, and minutes from Banff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Calgary, Canada
“Great Price, and minutes from Banff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Staff were helpful, rooms are immaculate and recently upgraded. No pool, just a hot tub. Well decorated with common areas to sit and chat. Mountains are all around and Canmore is a nice town to spend time in with walks, and mountain drives. Silvertip golf resort was 3 minutes up the road. Restaurant hours were limited but there is a lot of variety in restaurants in Canmore or Banff. We attended a private function at Silvertip and it was very close. Pillows could have been better.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front with a view of mountains. It had a high ceiling, and was clearly one of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your review, it is great that you have shared your comments with others about your stay at the hotel. Please allow us to welcome you back in the hotel next time you are in town. Looking forward to seeing again as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I will not return, I'm glad I got a groupon deal or I would be even more disappointed.

The room was decent and the jacuzzi was nice, when it worked, both times we tried to use it we had to get maintenance to come make it turn on, additionally you can't use it after 11 pm but I guess from a noise perspective that makes sense.

Our king size bed was comfortable but we only had 4 tiny little twin size pillows, we called down and requested more and none were brought, eventually we went down and got our own.

The restaurant was a huge disappointment, service was atrocious, I tried to get a coffee and maybe breakfast, but after waiting at my table for over 20 minutes ended up walking out without a server even acknowledging I was there.

In the end I got a great deal on a groupon, if I had been paying full fare I would've been really upset. This will not be a hotel I visit again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Scott, thank you for your feedback and the time to share with others your experience at our hotel. We will make sure that we take your comments to keep improving our services. Our pillows are there for your comfort and are part of our brand standards, however, we are revising and replacing our entire pillow stock in 2014. I hope that you change your mind and come to stay with us once again to enjoy them. Thank again for your feedback.
charlottetown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Don't have anything to complain about. It is defn overpriced for the location. The restaurant there is a joke. The location is not good, it is right by the highway and far from any decent shop. We took the room with spa, it was well maintained and clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your time to let us know about your experience on your stay with us. It is great to learn that you have liked our accommodations. Rest ensure that we will address your comment regarding our restaurant. Please allow us to host your stay next time you are in town, we are looking forward to seeing you again.
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was our second trip to Canmore and only for a two-night stay. The Best Western Pocaterra had no vacancy and so, based on reviews from this site, we had opportunity to try out this establishment. It's on the east side of the Trans Canada about a 5 minute drive from Canmore and the location is easy to access. Our room was on the main floor situated well at the end of the hall - unusual compared to most hotels I have stayed in but the view of the Three Sisters made up for that. We had two queen beds and a choice of Soft or Firm pillows which was appreciated. A fridge & microwave added to the functionality of our space and the bathroom had a nice long vanity so I didn't have to fight my husband for mirror or counter space. Despite how full the hotel was, there was an abundance of hot water the next morning and an adjustable showerhead made the shower very welcoming regardless of personal height. There were a number of guests attending a wedding the evening we arrived but we didn't hear a peep later that night. Parking is a little tight when the hotel is full so were forced to park at the back of the property. Despite this I felt safe at all times.
The only negatives is the usual comments I make about Holiday Inns: Lack of warm bedding and a thermostat from hell. The duvet is always tucked in so low on the bed that you'd have to be pretty petite to make it work for you. We always steal the duvet off of the extra bed to make up for that but an extra blanket in the closet would be a welcome addition. And don't ask me to explain their thermostats (which is mounted on the heating/air unit by the window). No matter how we manipulated it I always awoke in the middle of the night feeling way too hot or too cold. The final concern was the cheeky attitude from the Front Desk Attendant (ginger-haired male with glasses). He was initially "helping" another customer when I arrived and was skillfully deflecting some legitimate questions about the restaurant and why it was not open until 5pm. He started our check in process and then suddenly asked another staff member to finish it up (BTW she was lovely). He then continued to stand around like he was much too important to be doing something as insignificant as a mere check-in. I work in the customer service industry and that type of cocky peacock attitude would be quickly rectified by my manager. I was actually relieved when I didn't encounter him for the rest of the weekend.
Despite these minor issues. I would be willing to give this hotel another try and look forward to trying their new restaurant with the expectation, that if I had questions, there would be a staff member caring enough to answer them as well as make recommendations for why I would want to eat there!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of getting a room on the main floor as long as it's at the end of the hallwa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello, thank you very much for your comments! I'm glad that we have met your expectations while staying at the hotel. Please rest ensure that I will look into the detail regarding our Front Desk staff. We do appreciate your feedback since give us an opportunity to improve our customer service. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I would like to express my thanks to the wonderful staff of Holiday Inn Canmore. I was there with my family for my son's wedding from Aug 2-Aug 5. I had to extend my family's stay for additional 2 nights and staff was most accommodating to find us a room without moving us too far even though they were almost completely sold out. The hotel amenities are not luxurious but efficient. As far as our family and our guests our needs were met at the prices we paid. The hotel exceeded my expectations with the staffing and location. Most convenient location with very accommodating parking and access. Staff was superb. Please extend our family's thanks to your front desk staff member Osvaldo. He put in so much time and care in responding to my inquiries and requests. Big thanks to him!! People like him restore client confidence to big chains and will go along way with word of mouth and receiving repeat business. We will come to Holiday Inn again. One downside of the trip there was no restaurant or food facility at the hotel open at the time of our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for posting a review and sharing your experience at the hotel with others.
I'm glad to learn that we've had exceeded your expectations while staying with us. Please let me know directly next time you are planning your next trip to the Rockies to personally welcome you back as our guest.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Great staff here - really helpful. Excellent hotel good for touring the area - found a great restaurant in Canmore. Breakfast was at a local restaurant but was very good - great choice and freshly cooked.

• Stayed September 2013
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Just a quick note to thank you for your review, it is great to hear that we've had exceeded your expectations. We hope that we can host your stay in the future once again.
Kelowna,BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed mid week for a 2 nights. Rooms pretty decent, recent reno's were abit a bit hit and miss. 2 flat screen TV's but decades old light switch's?? Only other real negative is that the drapes in our room didn't close properly so the outside light shone into the room all night. Not a deal breaker, just a little irritating. Shame the restaurants was closed as mentioned by other reviewers, hopefully they'll sort that soon. Great front desk staff and nice lobby area, my wife loved the fire place. Not as far out of town as expected.
Will probably stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Kelowna BC, thank you for your feedback. I will take your comments to help us improve our customer service. Please contact me directly next time you are planning to stay with us, I will personally welcome you back as our guest.

Been to Holiday Inn Canmore? Share your experiences!