“Staff makes the whole difference” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Flexibility & Breakfast!
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Edmonton, Canada
“Staff makes the whole difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I would like to express my thanks to the wonderful staff of Holiday Inn Canmore. I was there with my family for my son's wedding from Aug 2-Aug 5. I had to extend my family's stay for additional 2 nights and staff was most accommodating to find us a room without moving us too far even though they were almost completely sold out. The hotel amenities are not luxurious but efficient. As far as our family and our guests our needs were met at the prices we paid. The hotel exceeded my expectations with the staffing and location. Most convenient location with very accommodating parking and access. Staff was superb. Please extend our family's thanks to your front desk staff member Osvaldo. He put in so much time and care in responding to my inquiries and requests. Big thanks to him!! People like him restore client confidence to big chains and will go along way with word of mouth and receiving repeat business. We will come to Holiday Inn again. One downside of the trip there was no restaurant or food facility at the hotel open at the time of our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you very much for posting a review and sharing your experience at the hotel with others.
I'm glad to learn that we've had exceeded your expectations while staying with us. Please let me know directly next time you are planning your next trip to the Rockies to personally welcome you back as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great staff here - really helpful. Excellent hotel good for touring the area - found a great restaurant in Canmore. Breakfast was at a local restaurant but was very good - great choice and freshly cooked.

• Stayed September 2013
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Just a quick note to thank you for your review, it is great to hear that we've had exceeded your expectations. We hope that we can host your stay in the future once again.
Kelowna,BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed mid week for a 2 nights. Rooms pretty decent, recent reno's were abit a bit hit and miss. 2 flat screen TV's but decades old light switch's?? Only other real negative is that the drapes in our room didn't close properly so the outside light shone into the room all night. Not a deal breaker, just a little irritating. Shame the restaurants was closed as mentioned by other reviewers, hopefully they'll sort that soon. Great front desk staff and nice lobby area, my wife loved the fire place. Not as far out of town as expected.
Will probably stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Kelowna BC, thank you for your feedback. I will take your comments to help us improve our customer service. Please contact me directly next time you are planning to stay with us, I will personally welcome you back as our guest.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Canmore in September for two nights. We bought a voucher through another company that included a $30 food voucher to be used in their restaurant which is closed for renovations. We got a $27 dollar voucher to be used at Chez Francois (which had a great brunch). When asked why we got only $27 instead of the $30 voucher included in the deal we purchased, we didn't really get an answer. We were instead told we could bring back our bill for any out of pocket expenses that the voucher didn't cover up to $30 leaving the onus on us. We stayed in a king loft room and the bed wasn't very good. The final straw was the thin walls that subjected us to a repeat performance of activities better left unsaid in the room next us. When we had requested a quiet room we got more than we bargained for. We weren't even asked how our stay was at check out. Poor customer service, reneging on an agreed upon hotel deal, bad beds and thin walls put a damper on a romantic weekend away. We have made Holiday Inn a hotel line of choice but we won't be returning to this one again.

• Stayed September 2013
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks so much for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent service. Iam sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. I will make sure that your remarks are shared with the rest of our team to ensure we handle things differently in the future. I hope we get a chance to have you back as our guest soon.
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is on the other side of the highway from the main town of Canmore. The restaurant was also closed when I was there over Civic Holiday weekend (and apparently is still closed according to more recent reviews), so you'll need to drive for food options.
I was grateful that rooms were available on points over a holiday weekend, so I don't know about actual price or value. As a IHG Platinum member, I received an upgrade to a loft suite, including a working hot tub. The loft suites are near the elevator and quiet. (There's only one set of guest elevators, making the other end of the hotel a walk.) It was very nice, except that the stairs are honestly a bit awkward - and the dresser at the top makes the corner tight. The jets were quite nice, though I wish I had a "special someone" to share as suggested on the hotel website.
I appreciated the guest laundry with wash materials available, even at a fee, and friendly service from the front desk. Though I wish the hotel had a restaurant, overall this is a fine place and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Teresa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with others; your review allow us to keep improving our customer service. we hope that we can host you at the hotel once again in the near future.
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

As my favorite hotel was booked and there were few vacancies anywhere else, I booked in at the Holiday Inn. The staff was friendly and it was very quiet, despite being fully booked.

I received a free upgrade, which was good as the price was no bargain. Unfortunately, the bathroom needed some serious help. The tub was clean but very old and there were many stains on the ceiling, including what appeared to be mold coming through.

I would hesitate to go back as I am sure there is a potential health issue here.

Room Tip: There are some great views if you are not overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa P, Manager at Holiday Inn Canmore, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your experience in your stay at the hotel. I can see that you have enjoyed our amenities and we are glad that we have met most of your expectations. We assure you that your comment about the bathroom ceiling will be address accordingly and that we act inmediately on that regards. We hope that we can host yor stay next time you are in town to show you that we really care about our customers.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in September. Hotel nice enough but no where near anything and during our stay the kitchen and bar was not working. Hence no food and hotel not near anything. Needed a car to be able to get anywhere.

Apart from that hotel nice enough but would not recommend.

Room Tip: stay at Banff rather than Canmore but if on a budget stay in the town of Canmore itself.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others.Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to deliver the most excellent experience. I wanted to offer you my apologies for your experience with us. We will address your concerns accordingly. I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Canmore? Share your experiences!