“Georgetown Inn, Canmore, AB” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Georgetown Inn

Save Saved
You added Georgetown Inn to your Saves list
Georgetown Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1N4 , Canada   |
Special Price
Save Mid-week 15% off
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Canmore
Edmonton
“Georgetown Inn, Canmore, AB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Georgetown for 2 nights in February. The place is charming and very old English. The elevator was a manual lift in which you held the button down until it reached your floor, then opened the door. Filled with lovely antique furnishings, paintings and knick knacks, we felt like we had arrived in a smaller version of Downton Abbey. Our room was on the top floor, a huge room looking at the Three Sisters Mountains. A king sized 4 poster bed greeted us as we opened the door, a large jacuzzi tub to the left, a fireplace and 2 arm chairs completed the scene. A wardrobe with bathrobes and room to hang our clothing, an antique dresser with a lovely English tea set and absolutely delicious shortbread cookies made my day. We felt that we could just cocoon all weekend and never leave this inviting room. Breakfasts were included and the Pub downstairs provided a small menu but the food was great. Look for the daily specials. On one of the nights, they had fish and chips; 2 pieces for $10, a great deal and delicious as well. The only complaint I had was that the bed had a foam topper over the mattress which was extremely hot and uncomfortable. Perhaps it's time for the matresses to be replaced rather than trying to plump them up with foam.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with the Trip Advisor community!! Thank you for comparing us to Downton Abbey....we are a "Charming Inn" and have alot of comforts so thank you for pointing this out. I will let management know about your bed comments as we do listen to our guests.....we really do hope that you visit us again soon!! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our second stay the the Georgetown Inn in Canmore Alberta. We were just staying for one night to celebrate our anniversary. We started our visit with some post skiing snacks in the pub located at the Inn. The pub food was really good, as was the complementary breakfast the next morning. You can order right off the menu for breakfast - very nice.
The pub is very authentic and has many antiques which helps to add that "old" feeling to the building.
We had a room that was on the 3rd floor with a really nice view of the mountains from the king sized bed (which was a little soft for me). The room had a gas fire place and a two person jacuzzi which was nice after a day at the ski hill. There was also a separate bathroom with shower which was small but adequate. I also liked that there was a kettle for making tea, much better than trying to manage with the coffee maker. Also a couple of sugar cookies if you needed a snack.
I know that many people mention the trains that go right by the Inn day and night, but they didn't bother us at all.
Overall it was a good experience and the price was right, but it just seemed like the whole place needed some spring cleaning - walls in the bedroom, bathroom and pub could all use a good wash.
Canmore is a great little town and the inn is within walking distance of several great restaurants.

Room Tip: Top floor is really nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for spending your anniversary with us. Our little inn is all about romance!! Thank you for your comments and we will be starting our "spring cleaning" right away! We hope that you come again for your next anniversary!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We chose Georgetown Inn to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. From booking to checkout the staff and venue was awesome, friendly, personable and helpful. they went out of their way to make our 2 day stay romantic and pleasurable. We stayed in the Victoria room and we where met with Champaign on ice and chocolate covered strawberries in our room. The food in their quaint pub restaurant is out of this world and well presented. Can definitely recommend their fish and chips. You certainly get value for your money. The only feedback i can give is that maybe it is time to replace the carpets, but other than that you are tops and we will be back! Thank you for making our stay and anniversary memorable!!

• Stayed February 2013
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Happy Anniversary and thanky ou for spending it at the Georgetown!! We love helping our guests celebrate and make it a special time for them so thank you!! We are very pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of our cozy Inn and hope to see you again very soon!!!
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I found this hotel through a search with trip advisor and selected based on its ratings, as well as an included breakfast as advertised on Expedia. I ended up booking through booking.com and got a basic deal.

Much to my surprise after a non-refundable reservation, there was no meal plan included. When I arrived at the hotel, I inquired and the front desk responded this way: "Oh, I see that you booked your room through Booking.com. Unfortunatly we can only extend a free breakfast through reserving directly through us. So next time, please feel free to call us directly and if you find a cheaper price online, we are happy to match it!"

So, even though I had no warning ahead of time and even though they would price match, they still refused to offer me the included breakfast. Just because I had the audacity to find them through a 3rd party venue and apparently should be penalized for it. It cost us $20 plus for two orders of french toast. Which would have been included otherwise.

Other than that, the room was nice and clean. It was our anniversary and so we spent extra on the Jacuzzi room and were quite happy with it. All of the waterworks appears to be fairly new and in excellent repair. The carpet appears a little outdated and we could hear the resturant below us. However thats the nature of a smaller, older venue like this, I guess. I would recommend this location, excluding the whole breakfast fiasco.

Room Tip: Book directly or lose out on breakfast!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing your thoughts as we appreciate everything that our guests have to say...we apologize for any inconvenience about the breakfast. It is by no means a penalty. We just want to encourage our guests to book directly through us and come back. When guests are repeat guests we reward them with breakfast included with their stay. As a promotion we offered breakfast for a period f time on third party booking engines but that promotion ended and by no means was it meant as a mark against any of our guests. It was just an added bonus/promotion.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at judy@waymarker.ca

Thank you and we do hope that you call us to book again.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

When the weather on the mountain was too bad for skiing, we went to Canmore for lunch and ended up selecting the Georgetown Inn. We knew the inn as a B&B, not a restaurant.
For my lunch I started with the best Onion Soup I have ever had anywhere. Onion soup can be salty, but this was delicious, with a very unique flavour. I would love to know what herbs and spices they add to it.
I followed the soup with the Farmhouse Salad, which was huge and delicious. The balsamic dressing was served on the side, which I like. I could not finish it all and they readily boxed it up for me and even included the dressing on a sealed container. Great service!
It was good food, a friendly server and an enjoyable lunch. It was on the expensive side, but we were in Canmore, a touristy town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank youf or writing about our pub. 90% of of menu we make from scratch like our onion soup and dressings. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your meal with us and hope you will be back soon!!!
Okotoks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I spent three days at the Georgetown Inn and it was excellent.
First, to have breakfast included was a bonus, but this was no ordinary continental breakfast, the pancakes (flapjacks) and french toast were absolutely incredible — what an amazing touch.
The room was just as we had asked. It was also quite comfortable and the large jacuzzi tub was fantastic - especially after a day snowshoeing in the mountains. Victorian room was just great.
Everyone was so friendly and we had a great evening in the restaurant/pub as well.
We will certainly be back and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a mountain escape — and that does not include a chain hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest Victorian room for romantic getaway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and posting such a lovely review!!! Our goal is to provide that romantic experience so we are so pleased to hear that it worked for you!! We can't wait to have you come back!!! I will be surer to tellt he servers and kitchen how much you enjoyed our pub!!!
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This little Inn has so much charecter. From the moment we booked in the staff treated up like royality. We stayed in the Victorian Room. I was very impressed with how clean not only our room was but the entire Inn. It was decorated nicely. The food was very good. I would recommend the French Toast . Wow the best I have ever had. I also had a Clubhouse it was served on an intresting bread that to my suprise turned out to be one of the best Clubhouses I have ever had also. As you can tell I was very impressed with our stay . The cookies and Tea on arrival in our room was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Our room was good. The hotel is in a good location. It was easy to get everywhere we wanted to go. S...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
We are so happy that you spent your holidays at our charming inn!!! Thank you for writing such a delightful review and we really hope to see you in the New Year!!!!

Been to Georgetown Inn? Share your experiences!