“Didn't Stay Here But Ate Very Well” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Georgetown Inn

Save Saved
You added Georgetown Inn to your Saves list
Georgetown Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1N4 , Canada   |
Special Price
Save Mid-week 15% off
Ranked #3 of 32 hotels in Canmore
Calgary, Canada
“Didn't Stay Here But Ate Very Well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

When the weather on the mountain was too bad for skiing, we went to Canmore for lunch and ended up selecting the Georgetown Inn. We knew the inn as a B&B, not a restaurant.
For my lunch I started with the best Onion Soup I have ever had anywhere. Onion soup can be salty, but this was delicious, with a very unique flavour. I would love to know what herbs and spices they add to it.
I followed the soup with the Farmhouse Salad, which was huge and delicious. The balsamic dressing was served on the side, which I like. I could not finish it all and they readily boxed it up for me and even included the dressing on a sealed container. Great service!
It was good food, a friendly server and an enjoyable lunch. It was on the expensive side, but we were in Canmore, a touristy town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank youf or writing about our pub. 90% of of menu we make from scratch like our onion soup and dressings. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your meal with us and hope you will be back soon!!!

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Okotoks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I spent three days at the Georgetown Inn and it was excellent.
First, to have breakfast included was a bonus, but this was no ordinary continental breakfast, the pancakes (flapjacks) and french toast were absolutely incredible — what an amazing touch.
The room was just as we had asked. It was also quite comfortable and the large jacuzzi tub was fantastic - especially after a day snowshoeing in the mountains. Victorian room was just great.
Everyone was so friendly and we had a great evening in the restaurant/pub as well.
We will certainly be back and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a mountain escape — and that does not include a chain hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest Victorian room for romantic getaway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and posting such a lovely review!!! Our goal is to provide that romantic experience so we are so pleased to hear that it worked for you!! We can't wait to have you come back!!! I will be surer to tellt he servers and kitchen how much you enjoyed our pub!!!
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This little Inn has so much charecter. From the moment we booked in the staff treated up like royality. We stayed in the Victorian Room. I was very impressed with how clean not only our room was but the entire Inn. It was decorated nicely. The food was very good. I would recommend the French Toast . Wow the best I have ever had. I also had a Clubhouse it was served on an intresting bread that to my suprise turned out to be one of the best Clubhouses I have ever had also. As you can tell I was very impressed with our stay . The cookies and Tea on arrival in our room was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Our room was good. The hotel is in a good location. It was easy to get everywhere we wanted to go. S...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
We are so happy that you spent your holidays at our charming inn!!! Thank you for writing such a delightful review and we really hope to see you in the New Year!!!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Spent a few nights at The Georgetown Inn and was increadably impressed, such a cozy atmosphere! Check in was a breeze and the room was fantastic! Clean and spacious with a wonderful fireplace that was much needed in the morning. I loved the plush bathrobes that were in the room as well. The cookies served with the tea were FANTASTIC!
Lovely stay and a wonderful staff that were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you and so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for noticing our little extra touches like the tea trays upon arrival and I will be sure to let our wonderful staff know you appreciated them!! Thank you again and Happy Holidays!!!
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A cosy atmosphere, and welcoming staff made it a very enjoyable getaway for my daughter and myself. Lots of character and history in the decor, and staff were attentive to all our needs. Very much a family feel, not a big chain where you are just a number. Our room had a king bed, and a sitting room with armchairs to curl up in to watch tv or enjoy the fire. A DVD player was available on request for movies. There was a corner spa tub so I could soak while watching a movie. We were even able to bring our dog (a golden retriever!) with us when most places consider her too big to bring along. We enjoyed 2 breakfasts and a dinner in the pub, seated by a crackling fire. Food was delicious and reasonably priced, and the portions were large. We are very much looking forward to going back. The only negative we found was that because their sign out front has no spot lights on it, it was a little hard to find in the dark on the first evening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for leaving such a lovely review....it was such a pleasure having you with us and it was so great meeting your beautiful retriever Lily!!!! Crosby (our pet concierge) loved her!! We hope to see you again very soon....
Edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Me and my boyfriend arrived with so much excitement and it quickly declined. It was frightening. We were taken to a room about 2 feet behind reception desk, so close that when I walked out of my room I was face to face with the receptionist. It seemed like Grandma's house....except Grandma had been passed away for many years and hadn't cleaned or changed anything in that time. We left as soon as possible. I am amazed the price was so high, even more amazed that people leave great reviews.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your input about our cosy inn......we are sorry tohear that it was differetn than you expected. If you wish to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact me judy@waymarker.ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed two nights here for a birthday get away. Loved it. The suite was very nice with a huge comfortable bed, and a sitting room with a fireplace and a corner spa tub in an alcove so you could sit in the tub and watch the fire. We ate at the English style pub for two dinners and two breakfasts and enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere. There were also little extras, like a tea tray and (because they knew it was my birthday) some chocolate covered strawberries. For a romantic getaway or just a nice place to stay in Canmore I would definitely recommend the Georgetown Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are honoured that you stayed with us for your birthday and are so tickled that your enjoyed it. We love doing these small extra touches so our guests feel at home and pampered especially on such an important day for you. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!!!!