“Perfectly OK” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Preston
“Perfectly OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is an ok place for a few nights in the area. We stayed in a queen suite. The bedroom and bathroom were smart, clean and tidy. The kitchen was fully equipped even if the cutlery was a bit mix and match. Overall the kitchen and living area were functional but a bit tired. Flat screen TVs in lounge and bedroom. Situation in Canmore spot on, quiet, fab views of mountains and close to the main shopping area. Canmore itself is a pleasant town.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I needed to get away for at least one night last weekend, and I booked us here. I am so very glad I did - this motel is in the heart of downtown Canmore, and it is very well run.

Friendly staff, excellent location to be able to walk to all amenities, and clean rooms make this a place to stay for any budget.

The check-in process was very smooth and friendly, and we were in our room within minutes.

The room itself was a standard queen room with a kitchenette - this kitchenette was bigger than most apartments I have been in! Wow! The decor is what may be expected of a country motel, a little dark, but my girlfriend and I were very comfortable and cozy here.

There was a flat-screen tv as well as a small desk, where I used the motel wi-fi on my tablet to get some work done before bed. Smooth wi-fi network as well, and was very happy.

Went next door (literally) to the grizzly restaurant/bar for evening meal, and liked that we could get a drink and not worry about who may drive home... we are social drinkers, but feel strongly about not drinking and driving, so our room location made it easy to not worry and have a fun night.

Our sleep was a sound one, but me being an avid photographer I rose at around 6 am to go and get my location on for some morning sunrise shots.... Needless to say, I was extremely pleased with my results around Spray Lakes Road among the mountains surrounding Canmore.

Even the shower and bathroom facilities in the room was great!

On the Sunday morning during our packing, my girlfriend noticed she needed a safety pin for something, and we did not pack any such things, so I went to the front desk on the off chance that they may have one. After a few minutes of searching, they found 2 different sizes for us! This may not sound like much, but to me, it can be the little things that can make or break your experience, and this was one of the little things that make you smile and appreciate the great staff that this motel has!

Our stay was very quiet, and we would definitely recommend this motel to anyone staying in Canmore!

Thank you to all the staff (morning and night) for your hospitality, we will see you again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. Family run motel and staff were courteous and helpful. The room was very clean, we had what we needed and felt at home here. The motel is in a good location on the main street opposite a picturesque wooden church. Value for money motel

• Stayed September 2012
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

So we found this little motel on Main street in Canmore and just loved our stay. Canmore and more so Banff, is very expensive so we felt we got our money's worth. Which most of the reviews mention as well. We paid $110.00 for a standard room, with nice flat screen TV, comfy bed, fridge, coffee and full bathroom. I've stayed in Airdrie and Calgary a couple times and you'll pay $159.00+ for the same room type and in Banff even more. You will not get the amazing location this motel has and personal service. We checked rates at other properties in Canmore as we drove in and these guys were $20 (or more!) less than all of them. Their front desk staff is amazing with suggestions. Yes, their property is a little more dated in decor but functionality is the same.

You can't beat their location because you can walk to EVERYTHING! We were recommend great restaurants to try all very close.

Great price, great location, great staff! These guys can't be beat in Canmore! We will stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Upper levels offer no one above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Big Trout Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We first tried to book into a hotel in Banff. They were full, and/or expensive.
We then tried Canmore... I am glad we did. It is not far from Banff. Better prices, lots of shopping and restaurants.
The Bow Valley Motel has an excellent location, and ample parking. It was quiet at night. Good WiFi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Given the price we paid I really can't rate this higher than a three. Not that we had a bad stay. The room was a decent size, had a good bed, AC that worked and was clean. For the rest it was nothing special. Pillows were a little flumpy, you could hear water running in adjacent suites, street noise and people walking on the stairs and upper level walkway. If you are a light sleeper like me that will keep you awake. Also there is no breakfast offering at all. For $110 + tax I was hoping for more,

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Anastasia B, Manager at Bow Valley Motel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. We pride ourselves on being an excellent value for your money. We are sorry to hear you didn't feel this when staying at our property. Typically June-September is considered high season here in the mountains. We find our rates to be very competitive and are some of the lowest in the Banff / Canmore area, especially when you take in consideration you are right downtown in the heart of it all. I am sure if you compared your stay with us against some of the other properties in the valley you would see we are very reasonably priced and a great value when visiting the mountains.

We are a small family owned and operated business , we constantly do updates to help maintain our property but it can come with some older plumbing. Unfortunately we do not offer breakfast as we are within walking distance of over a dozen eateries and do not have space on site for a breakfast room.

We hope to welcome you again,

Anastasia Breeze
Manager
Bow Valley Motel
Wigan,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed three nights in September.Room was clean and comfortable with all the necessary facilities.Ideally situated at the bottom end of Main Street within walking distance of shops and restaurants.Only down side was the public laundromat at the entrance to the motel,a little noisy early morning.Try supper at the Rose and Crown pub at the end of Main Street,the steak and kidney pie and fish and chips are excellent.A good value for money motel.

Room Tip: As far away from the laundromat as possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bow Valley Motel? Share your experiences!