We stayed here for three nights during the Lake Louise/Banff leg of our trip. Canmore is conveniently located about 20 minutes from Banff and is much more chill and affordable. Picked this place for its location and value, plus we thought it would be more fun to stay in a local place rather than a chain hotel.
The motel is located right off the highway. It's a little dated and worn, but the room was clean and had all of the amenities. Only negatives were that the room had a weird smell, but it was either taken care of after the first night or we just got used to it. Also, wifi is only so-so, but I think that's probably the case with any place in the mountains. Our room looked out onto the parking lot, but I saw that others look out on the mountains, so those rooms are probably more desirable.
Canmore is a small but nice little town and there are a lot of restaurants and stores near the motel. We had a cozy and comfortable stay and would recommend this place to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming, clean and customer service-oriented, the Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge offers a variety of accommodation options from standard rooms to studio and apartment condominiums in Canmore, Alberta. All rooms have fridges, wireless Internet access and great mountain views. Enjoy amenities such as a Jacuzzi, sauna, laundry room, playground and barbecue. Weekly rates are available. Convenient location in Canmore and 5 km (3 mi) from Banff National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Ski Hotel Canmore
- Rocky Mountain Ski Canmore
- Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge Canmore, Alberta