“Rocky mountain Ski Lodge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge

You added Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge to your Saves list
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1711 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1L7, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
newcastle
“Rocky mountain Ski Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ideal place to stay, 20 mins into Banff but a lot cheaper. Some nice places to eat, and a few of the bars had some good bands playing on an evening. Every one was nice and friendly.
We managed fine without having to hire a car, which my husband was pleased about as he didnt fancy driving. We got a greyhound bus into Banff on a morning and one coming back late afternoon, there was also one to take you into Calgary, which we also done and had no problems.
We booked a few trips with the tourist office in Canmore with the trips leaving from Banff we wondered how we would get there on time. But nothing was too much bother for them we were told a taxi would pick us up and drop us off at no extra cost. The white water rafting. canoeing and fishing all good fun. What made it extra special was seeing bears and elk when we were on the river.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was very happy with my experience at Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge. I had changed my booking date, changed my room and every time it was no problem for "Marta". She had the best customer service I have seen in a long time, always ready to help and extremely pleasant. My thanks to her and the staff who always kept things very clean. Our accomodation was a loft style with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, gas fireplace, beautiful views of the Three Sisters. The beds were very comfortable as well. We had a kitchenette which was great because restaurants in Canmore can be a bit pricey. The location is great as you can walk to town, many paved pathways and sidewalks everywhere. I would definitely recommend this lodge to my friends and family and would stay again if I'm in Canmore.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were there on a hurry and they take us without any problem. Excellent costumer service! We will recommend your place to our families and friends.Thank you again!

The Marriage Savers Cleaning Services
From Calgary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge is well situated off the Bow Valley Trail in Canmore. I stayed in an apartment that had a living space with a kitchen which was well equiped, a bathroom and a bedroom with a most comfortable bed. I have stayed there on several other occasions and always found the accomodation to be very clean and comfortable. Banff is a mere fifteen minutes away by car if you wish to travel there. Canmore has some very pleasant places to eat if you dont want to cook your own. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and the only problem I have encountered was that the parking bays are slightly on the narrow side and I once had someone park too close so that I couldnt access my own vehicle-- a very minor fault and the staff were good at resolving the issue.I would recommend staying there to anyone -- very good value for the prices that are charged. There is a room service so the bed is made up daily and clean towels always supplied. The fire kept the room very pleasantly warm on a couple of very cold nights ( I had always wanted to see the Rockies in winter and did ) and Canmore is an easy drive to/from Calgary Airport which is important to me. Its a place I've used before and will be glad to stay there on my next visit to that part of the world.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have the best views!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Medellin, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family - seven persons - 5 adults & 2 children- , have a wonderful night in our trip from Edmonton to Banff area.
For us the site was ideal; we prepare our own food in the kitchen; being rated 2 stars in the website, we were very happy there.

Room Tip: It has wonderful sights of mountains
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cerritos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very good option when visiting Banf, on the way when driving from Calgary (east). Away from the crowded, pricey Banf. Very near to many shops, convenience stores, restaurants, main high way. Requires driving (we stayed here 2 nights). Well maintained rooms with kitchen and living room. Great for families too!. This was in August 2010 (sorry for the late review).

Room Tip: Being next to the main street, not sure there is any difference? May want to avoid the rooms close t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The room was clean, good space. The location is good. Close to the town, easy access to major attraction and highways. The staff is ok, helpful and friendly.
Good option if you are looking for an economical place to stay, while enjoying your summer/winter vacations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge? Share your experiences!