Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge is a great motel for a stay in Canmore, whether overnight or longer, and you certainly can’t beat the price. There are multiple room configurations: from one or two beds with or without a kitchen/kitchenette, all the way up to 1 or 2 bedroom suites with a large living area and full kitchen. The loft suites can be pretty warm in the loft bedroom, but there is an air conditioner to help with the heat, as well as a small window you can open. If you plan on being out for a while, run the air conditioner while you are out to cool off the loft sleeping area.
We have stayed in many of the rooms and have always found the rooms clean, and the beds comfortable. The pillows are sometimes a bit flat, and there are no duvets – only a warm blanket and a quilt that will keep you nice and toasty. There are always plenty of extra towels in the bathrooms, the water pressure is at least average, sometimes even better, and we have never run out of hot water. Toiletries are delivered in dispensers, rather than small bottles, and there is always a small bar of Rocky Mountain Soap Company Lavender soap – heaven!
The hotel has been around for a while, so it is getting a bit tired. However, there is a continuous upgrade occurring, with new TVs, upgraded appliances in the kitchens, new tubs and upgraded shower hardware, and I think there have been new pillows and even new beds in some of the rooms. I’m pretty sure the carpets have been upgraded, too, over the years. It’s a fairly large hotel, so upgrades do take time, but they are certainly occurring.
There is a large Jacuzzi tub and a sauna to warm up after a long day on the slopes, (or a day of scuba diving) or just to relax some tired muscles. There is also a meeting room on site, with its own kitchen for larger groups. There are BBQs outside for guests to use and a playground for the kids.
There are lots of restaurants within walking distance – Boston Pizza is right across the street, and just down the street is Craig’s Way Station, fantastic for breakfast. Downtown Canmore is a 15 minute walk from the hotel. There are train tracks across the street, but I have never had a train wake me at night.
The staff are always friendly and helpful. Whatever you need to find in Canmore, they can point you in the right direction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming, clean and customer service-oriented, the Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge offers a variety of accommodation options from standard rooms to studio and apartment condominiums in Canmore, Alberta. All rooms have fridges, wireless Internet access and great mountain views. Enjoy amenities such as a Jacuzzi, sauna, laundry room, playground and barbecue. Weekly rates are available. Convenient location in Canmore and 5 km (3 mi) from Banff National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Mountain Ski Hotel Canmore
- Rocky Mountain Ski Canmore
- Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge Canmore, Alberta