“Better then I thought” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge

You added Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge to your Saves list
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1711 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1L7, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Beaumont, Alberta, Canada
“Better then I thought”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Never judge a book by it's cover! I'm so glad we took a chance on this cute little place. We stayed in the apartment with our 7 year old and another couple. It was clean, smelled nice and was excellent for what we needed. Yes it's older but very well maintained, we won't stay anywhere else the next time were in Banff!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We stay here every single time in Canmore. They have motel type rooms as well as full kitchen apartment units that are perfect for those who don't want to eat out every day. Close walk to downtown area and a grocery store as well has a Boston pizza across the street for an easy late meal. Staff is fairly knowledgable depending on who may be working but all are helpful and courteous. Great value for ski/hike/bike/etc...trips.

• Stayed January 2012
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

From prior visits to Canmore I had seen the outside of this property and it looked old and worn. I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Although the buildings are older the rooms were in great shape, roomy and very clean. Most rooms have kitchenettes. The front desk staff were very helpful. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria, BC, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in August. Location is right off the trans-Canada hwy and close to several places to eat. A 2 minute drive gets you to Safeway and Starbucks, and main street Canmore is a 3 minute drive or a 12 minute walk. Place was clean and comfortable, well equipped and affordable. The downside was the loft type rooms were quite noisy though - the hwy noise and nearbybrailroad was an issue for all our group - the in wall a/c units are equivalent to having a window open.
We relocated to one of the motel type rooms and all had a very good sleep. Overall, this place was one of the better location on our Rockies trip. Just bring earplugs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kilchberg, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Rocky Mountain Ski lodge was a perfect base for our hiking, climbing and canooing in the Banff - Lake Louise area. We stayed over 10 days. The rooms are spacious, very clean; the staff is very friendly, and the many shops and restaurants of Canmore are within walking distance. We will return on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel has the worst internet connection I have experienced since dial up. I understand that it's in the middle of the mountains and the service may not be as good as it is in the city. I also see the irony that I'm in the mountains and should be out enjoying them instead of being inside on my computer. At the end of the day I would like to sit in my room and check my emails. It has taken me hours just to open a small number of emails and a couple of pdf attachements. I am getting a much faster connection by tethering my laptop to my iPhone.

Please contact your isp and get some better service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were so glad we picked Rocky Mt Ski Lodge for our 3 night stay. First, Canmore is the place to stay to get away from busy/hectic Banff. This is basically a motel which I think, is so handy to get in and out of your vehicle and out into the blue sky& fresh air. No elevators and long halls. The surrounding mts are right up close. Yes, the rooms are decorated a bit old fashioned but is comfortable, tidy, clean and have all the needed conveniences like coffee maker & refridgerator, BBQS, picnic tables & morning newspaper.
Grounds are well cared for with huge baskets of flowers. I thought the room was a bit warm at night even when we opened both windows as we preferred the cool mt air to the air conditioner.
It is close enough to downtown to walk to restaurants. It even has playground and grassy area for the kids. Very good value and I compared alot of prices. Book through the hotel for best rate. We were glad we did!

Room Tip: The ones closest to Hwy a bit noisy but not bad.