“You get what you pay for..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Resort Chateau Canmore

Save Saved
You added Quality Resort Chateau Canmore to your Saves list
Quality Resort Chateau Canmore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1718 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2X3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Canmore
St Leonards on Sea, UK
“You get what you pay for..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed for two nights on our trip from Vancouver to Saskatoon , and chose this hotel purely on price.

The hotel is in need of massive investment to make it more appealing, carpets in our room were very undesirable, but the room was large, the bedding clean and the pillows fine.

The bathroom although dated was clean, with ample toiletries and served it's purpose.

We were right next to a basket ball pitch and had low lifes who thought it was ok to play and shout at 1.30 in the morning, surely this should be closed to guests at this time.

The lift was the slowest I have encountered in years, and the room staff the most miserable.

We had breakfast in the restaurant on both mornings. The Thai hostess was charming, the breakfast good, but we were the only guests on both occasions. Could the hotel not incorporate a breakfast package in their room rates.

With the right investment this property would realise much higher room rates, but if you are looking for somewhere to put your head down, it's just acceptable.

After all you get what you pay for and this is reflected in the price.

Room Tip: Canmore is close to Banff and has much lower room rates. Nice restaurant Crazy Weed just over the ra...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Carterville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our room here was clean and fairly large. Now for the bad part--parking spaces are tiny, the staff were unfriendly (especially the unshaven guy), the room was noisy. Our room faced a railroad track and long freight trains passed through at all hours. We were awoken at 2:20 a.m. by a blood curdling scream from some woman. The motel offered no breakfast. They had coffee pots by the check in, but they never had any coffee in them (not even in the morning). The room charge was $143.10 per night plus a goods & services tax of $7.16 per night and a tourism levy of $5.72 per night, which ended up costing $311.96 for 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The town is absolutely lovely but this hotel was super gross. There was mystery stains all over our room, on the walls, and the floors, and the bathroom. The remotes to the tv's in our room had duct tape all over them to keep the batteries in place (gross). The front desk staff was very nice and helpful since I had to return to them about a hundred times cause my key never worked for my hotel room door. I would recommend staying anywhere else as the beds are hard as rocks and so are the pillows.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Spruce Grove, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Where should I start. First I will never stay at this motel and never plan a wedding there. My son had a wedding there on August 10, 2013. The service was poor. The staff was not very accomodating. The reservations were all screwed up and all of this due to a feud with a former employee that was related to the bride. The wedding was supposed to be on one floor so that if their was any noise it wouldn't bother anyone.

The supper was great, but the toast was made with water because the wine was not on the table. They bring it out after everything was said and done. The catererscame in dressed like they just came off the street, dressed in t-shirts and yoga pants. The next day I was presented with a liquor bill of $800 plus, that they said the mother in law had ordered. Well I never said that there was an open bar. I had pizza delivered that we left there to eat while we cleaned the next day and it was gone when I got there in the morning. Went to see where my $300 pizza order was that I left there and they said they threw it out. That was ours and they had no right to throw it out. All and all this was the worst experience I've ever had. Very disrespectful and disorganized. I was ripped off and not very happy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Spruce Grove, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Where do I even start!!! First thing is first no one knows what is going on. I had planned my wedding with their oh so amazing wedding coordinator who left to go on ' vacation' a month before the wedding and planned to stay away until after.. there was no information left with anyone. I had finalized liquor orders and all of the catering with her.. coming to find out a week before my wedding I had to replan everything. Getting to the venue was a NIGHTMARE. None of my rooms were booked and some people were triple booked. GREAT JOB! pffft. Ok lets get to the actual wedding. My groom and groomsmen were decked out to the nines... gloves, hat, canes.. everything. FANCY. And who comes out to NOT serve us? oh heyyyyyyy jeans and tshirts.. yoga pants. very disrespectful. I had paid for two bottles of wine on every table.. there was absolutely none. My first toast was with water. SAD. The only thing that was good was the food.. thanks to cheers restaurant. After asking multiple times where the wine is I was told there was no more- there were only 6 bottles of rose purchased when there was supposed to be one on every table... I had one glass. Upset about that, I turned to the bar.. where there was a lineup of about 10 people waiting for drinks.. NO ONE AROUND AT ALL. I waited, and waited, and waited... walked into the back and NO ONE TO BE FOUND. I had to leave my wedding reception to find out where the alcohol is that people are supposed to be drinking..kids were told they could not have a glass of pop or anything because it was considered 'mix' let's just say WEDDING DAY RUINED. absolutely disgusting. I then got hit with a 900 dollar liquor bill that no one ordered and was apparently on tables. PLEASE LISTEN TO ME AND NEVER THINK OF GETTING MARRIED HERE

Room Tip: Don't get married here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the loft for 1 night. Nice average place with amenities close by. There is a restaurant for breakfast and the hotel has packages for spa, massages,etc at a decent price

Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family spent two days at there. the suite we lived is excellent , compare the price. it is easy to get highway , it takes twenty minutes only to Banff. but the price almost half of Banff hotel.
of course , the equipment of the hotel is a little old, but it is clean and make you comfortable.I strongly suggest my friends go there if they travel to Banff area, especially for family!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Resort Chateau Canmore? Share your experiences!