The rates in Canmore in mid-July were very high despite the recent flooding and many hotels were booked up. The Quality Resort had the best price for a Saturday night by far & we were expecting a real budget experience, but the hotel is a decent place to stay if you are on a budget and are just expecting a 3 star hotel. We paid $150 when the going average in the area was $200+.
Hotel is within walking distance to the main street and just off of Highway 1. It was difficult finding parking, but the hotel was sold out, so that was to be expected. Despite a lovely lobby, the hotel itself is a bit worn down; the single elevator is very slow, the room had been updated aesthetically (and looked quite nice) but on closer inspection, the bathrooms and counters showed their age and needed an update. We did have a grinding air conditioning unit , but honestly we weren't expecting much for the cheapest hotel in the area! We were mainly just happy that it worked. Could not get hot water from the shower, but the luke warm water was fine for a hot summers day. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you suffer from back or hip pain as the beds are quite hard. Despite being fully booked, there were no problems with noisy guests and we had a great sleep. We also found the customer service/front desk staff to be friendly and helpful with inquiries. Seemed a bit understaffed (1 person at front desk) during peak season, so there was 2-3 people waiting to check in / out each time we passed by the lobby. All in all, a pretty average budget hotel experience, if you are paying for a cheaper hotel in the area, don't expect much. Works great for those who are spending most of their time outside of the room, and quick overnight stays, which was the purpose of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Resort Chateau Canmore is an all suite property features 93 units, offering spectacular views of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This full service hotel includes a family restaurant, sports lounge, and full fitness centre. You can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or soothe aching muscles in the outdoor hot tub or sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Choice Canada and Venere so you can book your Quality Resort Chateau Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Chateau Canmore Hotel Canmore
- Quality Inn Canmore
- Quality Hotel Chateau Canmore
- Quality Resort Chateau Canmore Alberta