“Descent option near Banff, nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Resort Chateau Canmore

Save Saved
You added Quality Resort Chateau Canmore to your Saves list
Quality Resort Chateau Canmore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1718 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2X3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in Canmore
Denver, Colorado
“Descent option near Banff, nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Didn't think this place was as nice as the reviews I've read. Rooms are ok, but warm (not too warm outside), and the a/c unit in the loft needs replacing as it rattles and hisses all night, making for a subpar's night sleep. You can probably find better in Canmore.

• Stayed July 2013

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
West Palm Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Overall I am rating this a hotel with 4 stars because it has a very cute mountain lodge feel, the staff was very friendly & I really enjoyed the restaurant for breakfast. Our room had mountain views & it's located on the hotel strip, a short drive to Main Street. The reason it didn't get 5 stars is because the rooms are outdated & some sheets had small stains. We arrived right after the flood & the staff was very accommodating (we did book it 2 weeks before the flood). The water advisory was active so the front desk gave us 2 free bottles of water. We would return.

• Stayed June 2013
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

What a lovely hotel! Set in the midst of the Rocky Mountains in the Bow Valley, with a view of the beautiful mountains, we were so pleased with our accommodation. The unit had a bedroom loft, a living room and a mini-kitchen area with ample space and even a fireplace in the living room. The furniture was very comfortable and in good repair. The internet was excellent and also television reception. The young man at the front desk was very polite and friendly and even gave us an early check in. Being a diamond member with Choice Hotels is helpful with early check-ins.
The only negative would be the train that runs behind the hotel, but we did not find it disturbing at all. Being a resort hotel with limited kitchen facilities, there is no complimentary breakfast, but we did not mind at all. McDonalds, Tim Hortons an restaurants close by and there is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel.
My husband and I travel extensively and have stayed in many hotels - this hotel should have at least a 4.7 in our estimation.

Room Tip: May be quieter on the front section of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Spent three nights recently Great lobby..........lady working the front desk frendly and attentive. The other front desk staff were, in my opinion, disinterested!! Room was small and a ittle worn out! HVAC was poor and very noisy, Room was very hot and dry even w the AC at full tilt, Beds were comfortable, pillows......not so good! Overall Chateau rooms needs a retrofit!! Cleaning staff were very good and thourough. Didnt use the pol or fitness center. Fitness Center looked vg!!

Would I stay here agan? Maybe, maybe not!!! IMO, Canmore is full of newer condos etc for similar rates. Possibly a better option!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Rooms are ample, with a separate area with a hide-a-bed couch, microwave, and a small fridge, plus a sink. Also, a second tv in this area. The hotel has a nice swimming pool, the most complete hotel gym I have seen, and many other amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is good. It’s not top of the line, but it’s clean and has a hot tub, pool and exercise room. It also has a basket ball court as well.

It’s very neat that each room has a fireplace and a mountain view. We quite enjoyed that.
We got the two double bed deluxe room. It had a separate living room and bedroom. When we arrived some kids were playing in the hall. We could hear them from the living room, but once we closed the fire-rated door to the bedroom, we couldn’t hear a thing.

The hotel was right next to the train as most are in Canmore. It didn’t bother us.
One thing that would have been nice is if the restaurant was open more than just the morning. We didn’t end up trying it.

I booked this hotel originally for my daughter and I to stay. It turned out that my husband and our dog wanted to join us. We called back after I had booked to ask if pets were allowed and they were. We asked about a weight restriction and there was no weight restriction. We asked if we would still be able to get a room near the pool for our daughter even with the dog and they said that the whole hotel was pet friendly. Those with allergies read this… The WHOLE hotel was pet friendly. You would think that that would be great for pet lovers like us. Well, yes that’s really great that we could have what we wanted and that for once our dog wasn’t treated like a pest. We do try to be very considerate of other people who don’t like pets. We don’t like to let our dog go near people who may be afraid (he is 120 lbs of love). We also don’t want his presence to cause allergy attacks. I was asked to give feedback by the hotel and I said this myself. I wish that they would only have a specific wing that was pet friendly and that it was on the main floor near a side exit so that we didn’t have to bring our dog through the main entries. A poor woman who met us in the lobby gasped, “My allergies! I don’t have my pills!” I felt horrible. That being said, I was so happy to find a decent pet friendly hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor is where the entrance to the pool/hot tub/ exercise room is.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I thought it was gonna be a yucky hotel but to my surprise it was great. The rooms were clean, the staff were super nice and the breakfast was the best food we had during our stay. More value for what you are paying

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Quality Resort Chateau Canmore? Share your experiences!