“Ideal for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Resort Chateau Canmore

You added Quality Resort Chateau Canmore to your Saves list
Quality Resort Chateau Canmore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1718 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2X3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Regina, Canada
“Ideal for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Rooms are ample, with a separate area with a hide-a-bed couch, microwave, and a small fridge, plus a sink. Also, a second tv in this area. The hotel has a nice swimming pool, the most complete hotel gym I have seen, and many other amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is good. It’s not top of the line, but it’s clean and has a hot tub, pool and exercise room. It also has a basket ball court as well.

It’s very neat that each room has a fireplace and a mountain view. We quite enjoyed that.
We got the two double bed deluxe room. It had a separate living room and bedroom. When we arrived some kids were playing in the hall. We could hear them from the living room, but once we closed the fire-rated door to the bedroom, we couldn’t hear a thing.

The hotel was right next to the train as most are in Canmore. It didn’t bother us.
One thing that would have been nice is if the restaurant was open more than just the morning. We didn’t end up trying it.

I booked this hotel originally for my daughter and I to stay. It turned out that my husband and our dog wanted to join us. We called back after I had booked to ask if pets were allowed and they were. We asked about a weight restriction and there was no weight restriction. We asked if we would still be able to get a room near the pool for our daughter even with the dog and they said that the whole hotel was pet friendly. Those with allergies read this… The WHOLE hotel was pet friendly. You would think that that would be great for pet lovers like us. Well, yes that’s really great that we could have what we wanted and that for once our dog wasn’t treated like a pest. We do try to be very considerate of other people who don’t like pets. We don’t like to let our dog go near people who may be afraid (he is 120 lbs of love). We also don’t want his presence to cause allergy attacks. I was asked to give feedback by the hotel and I said this myself. I wish that they would only have a specific wing that was pet friendly and that it was on the main floor near a side exit so that we didn’t have to bring our dog through the main entries. A poor woman who met us in the lobby gasped, “My allergies! I don’t have my pills!” I felt horrible. That being said, I was so happy to find a decent pet friendly hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor is where the entrance to the pool/hot tub/ exercise room is.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I thought it was gonna be a yucky hotel but to my surprise it was great. The rooms were clean, the staff were super nice and the breakfast was the best food we had during our stay. More value for what you are paying

• Stayed April 2013
Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a family weekend getaway. It was a great price, and for 5 of us we had enough room. It had a decent size bedroom with 2 double beds & a separate sitting room with a pull out couch. It is an older hotel, but we paid $99 a night for a hotel in Canmore, with a pool. The service was fine - aside from the restaurant (which lacked in decent service). I would stay here again.

You could hear the train - I though it added ambiance ;)
And the pool is TINY - we joked all weekend that it was just an oversized bath tub. But it was a great place to splash around. Harsh chemicals in it though. My daughters skin took about a week to recover & I'm glad I had eye drops because my sons eyes were burning.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stay with my sweetheart in the loft. Liked the fireplace made it feel cozy. the super king size bed was huge. getting away from the children and having such a big was great .. lots of room to strech out. the staff was very nice from the heart.. full price was closer to 140 but they matched a lower price for $99. It was Quiet. Clean.Comfortable. Called for a message for my sweetheart. they fitted her in and She was very pleased at how good the lady was.. Has a single jetted tub. Great value at $107 tax in. massage was $68. We would stay there again. were else can you get all this for $180. We have our high end favorite Canmore place..comparing cost it was well worth it and Like i said its CLEAN.

Room Tip: for two people the lofts are great and you dont hear the train at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Decided to give the hotel a try even after reading all the reviews, but was disappointed like all the rest. Stayed recently for 2 nights (was reserved for 3 but checked out early). Got to the hotel, liked the lobby. Waited endlessly for the elevator as there is only one in the entire hotel, for staff and guests. Elevator was gross, which should have been my first clue. Got to the room, was greeted by totally outdated decor and furniture. Thought I could get past the decor when I pulled back the sheets to find hairs and small stains. Staff were friendly replacing the sheets...and rightfully so. Went to take a shower and found hair in the shower...as well as the after smell of some clearly highly toxic chemicals (their poor cleaning staff). Was not impressed. Went down to the pool area for a swim, and decided not to due to the state of the change rooms. Slept through the night, heard the train but knew it was part of the package deal from previous posts. Spent the day away from the hotel, came back and on the way to my room walked past a room being cleaned and saw staff swipe the floor with the vacuum only a few times and then shut it off. Clearly there is a lack of care for cleanliness and overall guest satisfaction.

Would never stay here again, and am glad I cut my stay short.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that aren't on the train side. And generally online booking prices are cheaper, as...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Right between a busy road and the train tracks, this hotel is in a low rent area of Canmore, if such a thing can be said to exist. The furniture and rooms are a bit tired and dated. Don't try to put an adult on that worn fold-out sofa, unless you really have a grudge. Pool, hot tub, and fitness room are all better than you'd expect from a hotel of this caliber. Convenient to Hwy 1 for those aiming for a fast exit towards Banff or Lake Louise. On the other hand, the main sights of Canmore, like the main street, hiking trails, and the Nordic Centre are farther away than most would care to walk. The CC is definitely a motor hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Resort Chateau Canmore? Share your experiences!