“Great price for a great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Resort Chateau Canmore

Save Saved
You added Quality Resort Chateau Canmore to your Saves list
Quality Resort Chateau Canmore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1718 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2X3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Canmore
“Great price for a great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I thought it was gonna be a yucky hotel but to my surprise it was great. The rooms were clean, the staff were super nice and the breakfast was the best food we had during our stay. More value for what you are paying

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a family weekend getaway. It was a great price, and for 5 of us we had enough room. It had a decent size bedroom with 2 double beds & a separate sitting room with a pull out couch. It is an older hotel, but we paid $99 a night for a hotel in Canmore, with a pool. The service was fine - aside from the restaurant (which lacked in decent service). I would stay here again.

You could hear the train - I though it added ambiance ;)
And the pool is TINY - we joked all weekend that it was just an oversized bath tub. But it was a great place to splash around. Harsh chemicals in it though. My daughters skin took about a week to recover & I'm glad I had eye drops because my sons eyes were burning.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stay with my sweetheart in the loft. Liked the fireplace made it feel cozy. the super king size bed was huge. getting away from the children and having such a big was great .. lots of room to strech out. the staff was very nice from the heart.. full price was closer to 140 but they matched a lower price for $99. It was Quiet. Clean.Comfortable. Called for a message for my sweetheart. they fitted her in and She was very pleased at how good the lady was.. Has a single jetted tub. Great value at $107 tax in. massage was $68. We would stay there again. were else can you get all this for $180. We have our high end favorite Canmore place..comparing cost it was well worth it and Like i said its CLEAN.

Room Tip: for two people the lofts are great and you dont hear the train at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Decided to give the hotel a try even after reading all the reviews, but was disappointed like all the rest. Stayed recently for 2 nights (was reserved for 3 but checked out early). Got to the hotel, liked the lobby. Waited endlessly for the elevator as there is only one in the entire hotel, for staff and guests. Elevator was gross, which should have been my first clue. Got to the room, was greeted by totally outdated decor and furniture. Thought I could get past the decor when I pulled back the sheets to find hairs and small stains. Staff were friendly replacing the sheets...and rightfully so. Went to take a shower and found hair in the shower...as well as the after smell of some clearly highly toxic chemicals (their poor cleaning staff). Was not impressed. Went down to the pool area for a swim, and decided not to due to the state of the change rooms. Slept through the night, heard the train but knew it was part of the package deal from previous posts. Spent the day away from the hotel, came back and on the way to my room walked past a room being cleaned and saw staff swipe the floor with the vacuum only a few times and then shut it off. Clearly there is a lack of care for cleanliness and overall guest satisfaction.

Would never stay here again, and am glad I cut my stay short.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that aren't on the train side. And generally online booking prices are cheaper, as...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Right between a busy road and the train tracks, this hotel is in a low rent area of Canmore, if such a thing can be said to exist. The furniture and rooms are a bit tired and dated. Don't try to put an adult on that worn fold-out sofa, unless you really have a grudge. Pool, hot tub, and fitness room are all better than you'd expect from a hotel of this caliber. Convenient to Hwy 1 for those aiming for a fast exit towards Banff or Lake Louise. On the other hand, the main sights of Canmore, like the main street, hiking trails, and the Nordic Centre are farther away than most would care to walk. The CC is definitely a motor hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Reading other reviews, I think people had much too high expectations for the price. Its not a resort hotel really, it's a hotel. Built for location not luxury. It was clean, friendly staff (what I saw of them, there was a man behind the desk and he checked me in and out with a smile. I was in town for a wedding and it was a place to sleep and served its purpose. As for people complaining about a train, welcome to the rockies.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Writing this review is a little different for me than the reviews I usually write. My husband was in Canmore for business and I got to tag along with him. Because of this, we did not choose the hotel and it was paid for by someone else (so I do not know the rate).

We arrived from Edmonton at about 9pm. The lobby looked cozy and pretty nice. Check in went smoothly. The elevator was fairly slow. Upon first glance our room was nice, with a kitchen/dining area and living room (with gas fireplace) on the main floor, and then a huge king size bed in the loft area. There was also a bathtub, which I always appreciate. As we settled in a bit we realized just how unclean the room actually was. Who knows when the last time the room was vacuumed was. There was a dead fly on the stairs and a lighter under a chair in the living room. There were stains on the carpet by the door and some water marks and other marks on the dining table, coffee table and kitchen counter. We settled into bed for the night and were rudely awoken about seven times by the train, as the tracks are just beside the hotel parking lot. When I looked out the window the next morning, yup, there they were. It would have been nice to have been notified of this as I am an extremely light sleeper and had an awful sleep. We went to the grocery store the next day to buy our own ear plugs. I think it would be a nice gesture if they just provided them at the hotel free of charge as they obviously know the tracks are there.

As part of the group we were staying with, we had meals provided to us by the hotel. Unfortunately, most of them were almost unedible to me. Note, this was not in the restaurant, but a buffet provided for our specific group. I'm not one to turn down free food, but we did go out and buy meals elsewhere a few times.

We interacted with a few staff members, at the dining area and at the front desk. Some seemed miserable and some were nice. My husband got in the elevator once and there were two staff inside cleaning it. Rather than wait until he left the elevator, they started fogging it with aerosol spray. Not only does that seem unprofessional, but it was burning his eyes as well.

I feel conflicted about this hotel. The room was large and had potential (fireplace, etc.), but the decor is old and rundown and the room wasn't clean. Lobby was much nicer. The location is fine, but it's where all of the other hotels in Canmore are so nothing about that really stands out. There is some parking available but it can get tight in the winter when people aren't parking inside the lines.

I wouldn't not stay here again if there were a good rate, but I would certainly look elsewhere first.

Room Tip: AVOID rooms on the South West side of the hotel. TRAIN TRACKS!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Resort Chateau Canmore? Share your experiences!