Writing this review is a little different for me than the reviews I usually write. My husband was in Canmore for business and I got to tag along with him. Because of this, we did not choose the hotel and it was paid for by someone else (so I do not know the rate).
We arrived from Edmonton at about 9pm. The lobby looked cozy and pretty nice. Check in went smoothly. The elevator was fairly slow. Upon first glance our room was nice, with a kitchen/dining area and living room (with gas fireplace) on the main floor, and then a huge king size bed in the loft area. There was also a bathtub, which I always appreciate. As we settled in a bit we realized just how unclean the room actually was. Who knows when the last time the room was vacuumed was. There was a dead fly on the stairs and a lighter under a chair in the living room. There were stains on the carpet by the door and some water marks and other marks on the dining table, coffee table and kitchen counter. We settled into bed for the night and were rudely awoken about seven times by the train, as the tracks are just beside the hotel parking lot. When I looked out the window the next morning, yup, there they were. It would have been nice to have been notified of this as I am an extremely light sleeper and had an awful sleep. We went to the grocery store the next day to buy our own ear plugs. I think it would be a nice gesture if they just provided them at the hotel free of charge as they obviously know the tracks are there.
As part of the group we were staying with, we had meals provided to us by the hotel. Unfortunately, most of them were almost unedible to me. Note, this was not in the restaurant, but a buffet provided for our specific group. I'm not one to turn down free food, but we did go out and buy meals elsewhere a few times.
We interacted with a few staff members, at the dining area and at the front desk. Some seemed miserable and some were nice. My husband got in the elevator once and there were two staff inside cleaning it. Rather than wait until he left the elevator, they started fogging it with aerosol spray. Not only does that seem unprofessional, but it was burning his eyes as well.
I feel conflicted about this hotel. The room was large and had potential (fireplace, etc.), but the decor is old and rundown and the room wasn't clean. Lobby was much nicer. The location is fine, but it's where all of the other hotels in Canmore are so nothing about that really stands out. There is some parking available but it can get tight in the winter when people aren't parking inside the lines.
I wouldn't not stay here again if there were a good rate, but I would certainly look elsewhere first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Resort Chateau Canmore is an all suite property features 93 units, offering spectacular views of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This full service hotel includes a family restaurant, sports lounge, and full fitness centre. You can enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool or soothe aching muscles in the outdoor hot tub or sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Choice Canada and Venere so you can book your Quality Resort Chateau Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Resort Chateau Canmore Hotel Canmore
- Quality Inn Canmore
- Quality Hotel Chateau Canmore
- Quality Resort Chateau Canmore Alberta