“Midweek break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Resort Chateau Canmore

You added Quality Resort Chateau Canmore to your Saves list
Quality Resort Chateau Canmore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1718 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2X3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Calgary, Canada
“Midweek break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We took a midweek break on Canmore, and as usual we stayed at the Chateau Canmore, taking one of the regular rooms, which has a separate bedroom and sitting room. Clean room, clean bathroom, good wifi. Restaurant closed during our stay, but plenty of places close by.

Room Tip: If a light sleeper, ask for room on north side of hotel, away from the railway track.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

When we arrived, we were told we were "upgraded" due to overbooking. We had booked 2 queen beds since our 34 yr.old daughter was with us. They put us in a loft room with a king bed and a fold out couch on the main floor. The pull out sagged in the middle and was lumpy. Going downstairs 3x a night was difficult with knee problems. The unit was old and very outdated. The carpet was badly stained, very dirty and unsanitary. The tiny kichenette had a toaster, an old, old small microwave, coffeepot, and bar fridge. There was cups and glasses but no utensils, plates, dishsoap or teatowel. Our view was the parking lot. A train roared by several times just behind the parking lot. We had no controller for the TV upstairs and the controller on the main floor did not work. The air conditioner was ancient and very noisey.The lobby was nice and the sheets were clean otherwise this place was very disappointing. We didn't expect luxury for this price but this place was bad.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel was one of the best values on my recent trip to Canada. I was looking for an affordable hotel outside of Banff National Park since nothing in the park was affordable. This hotel filled the bill admirably. It had not only a bedroom area but also a small sitting room with its own TV. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The value was excellent ($110 US) especially for the location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a railroad line running by the south side of the hotel but the rooms were soundproofed enou...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Let me begin with a review of the hotel itself: decent view, good sized room, poor service, passable cleanliness, noisy rooms and ‘affordable rates’ IF they charge you correctly. Now onto my major problem with the hotel and why I will NEVER stay at it, or any Choice Hotel again for that matter. Upon returning from our stay at the hotel a month ago, I noticed that I’d been billed an additional $173.31 on my credit card. I called the hotel and spoke to a woman in HR who assured me that it was only a hold, not a real charge and would disappear from my credit card soon, which to this date has STILL NOT happened. I understand that mistakes happen and am not upset about the mistake but rather the complete lack of service from the hotel in regards to resolving this issue (which is ironic since on their website they claim to have a service guarantee - yeah right what service?). Several follow up phone calls to the hotel managers have not been returned and neither has an email to their head office. Unbelievable right? As a last resort I have contacted my credit card company who has kindly agreed to temporarily suspend the charges and will be launching an investigation into this fraudulent charge. You can rest assured that even if i never see my $173.31 again (which I'm hoping is not the case), it will cost the hotel a lot more than it will cost me as I am sharing my terrible and costly experience with family, friends, coworkers and other travellers in the hopes that they will never stay at a this or any Choice hotel and save themselves the headaches, hassles and extra charges.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cloyne, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. Even had a fireplace which would have been more useful during ski season rather than a warm day in Sept. A good deal for a nice clean room with mountain views. Highly recommended, even though it does not include any breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel for two night (suprise on the final bill it said three, big discussion with the rude manager). The rooms are big but I think they forgot to clean the bathroom, HAIRS everywhere! If you have a mountainside room, you'll have a train basically going through your room every hour, starting at 6 in the morning. Roadside room: well, all night traffic going on there. The staff is very friendly, if you can find them ... restaurant is ok. I wouldn't stay here again and I'm pretty sure you can find better, keep looking!

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is not high end, but very comfortable.As we don't spend alot in the room, just basically to sleep, We thought it was great. I had 2 of the best sleeps in a long time here. The beds are comfortable and there's lots of pillows. A fridge and a microwave make hotel stays easier. We stayed August 10-12 .We never had any problems at all. I noticed while walking the dog, how nice the landscaping is compared to the neighboring hotels. Also the complementary coffee 24 hrs a day is a nice touch. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple