“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1N7, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Canmore)   |
Ranked #19 of 32 hotels in Canmore
Hanna, Alberta
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for a little get away. The room is a bit smaller but the mountain view made up for it. We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed waking up to the view of the 3 sisters. We had my birthday dinner at Vick's and it was delicious. They even made me a special dessert. All the staff we encountered were friendly. The only disappointment was that the walls and doors seem to be paper thin. We could hear people knocking on doors from the other end of the hallway, or doors opening and shutting. But other than that, it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This past weekend I attended a rather large local function at the the radisson on Saturday evening, Nov. 9th. We came back the next morning to enjoy your brunch as this is where eveyone was staying.
The host at Vic's dissapeared to find me a table for 2 and was gone for 10mins. Lots of empty tables could be seen. When he returned he proceeded to seat another large group, which is fine they were ahead of me, but again was gone for anther 5mins. During this time there were many people walking in/out of the restaurant with full plates of food from the buffet as it was set up outside in the hallway. Again I understand the need for more room but the location of the host stand was right in the way of the path of patrons with full plates of food. I'd suggest placing the podium out in the hallway as to not block the restaurant entrance. Also suggest using a seating chart.
It took my husband 15mins to get an omlett made when there was no one else in line, I waited for a piece of pork to be carved but never was aknowleded and when I did finally get one later the pork was very dry. The potato/bacon/cheddar soup was so thick I could stand a spoon in it. One toaster was broken on the toast station. The salads were very unappealing looking, and the cheese plate had full blocks of cheese which patrons had to try to cut while holding a plate.
I asked for a comment card when I got the bill and I was told they could not find one...I also asked the front desk for a comment card and was told they didn't have any. I settled for a piece of paper.
I hate to complain but I just had to pass along this expierence as a fellow hospitality individual, when I overheard many of the other dinners making comments and sendiing thier friends to Craigs for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at Vic's. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to the appropriate management so they may address this situation with the team and ensure that we deliver outstanding service and presentation.
Beamsville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, September. Although our room was clean I must say I have never stayed in a hotel with such dirty hallway carpets. Perhaps they are in the middle of renovations, which are needed for a carpet change.

The staff were friendly and helpful. It is a convenient location in that the shuttle from the airport stops at this hotel. The bus to Banff is very close and inexpensive.

There is a rental car across the street, but rent before arrival or you could be disappointed.

When the carpets are changed I will upgrade my rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah H, Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Irod2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am glad that you found the hotel to be convenient to transportation and local amenities and that our team was able to assist you during your stay. We recognize that the hallways are a concern and take the cleanliness of all of our spaces seriously.

Kimberly, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The room was lovely! Fireplace in the living room, and an extremely comfortable bed. The bath was a large whirlpool tub and there was also a two head shower/sauna. A fancy retreat after a day of hiking in the woods!
The buffet breakfast (not included in our stay) was varied and delicious!
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to post. I am glad that you were able to relax and enjoy your suite after a day of hiking.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

pool was very clean as well as the rooms, staff was very friendly. stay for 3 weeks doing flood recovery program. close to trails, walking distance to restaurants and grocery stores. buffet was good in the morning at the restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear shegos

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and thank you for your efforts in the flood recovery. While our hotel sustained no damage in the flood, many of our team members, friends and neighbours were directly impacted and it is due to the hard work of people like you that Canmore was able to recover so quickly and be back "open for business".
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfasts in Vic's restaurant and hope that next time you have a chance to join us under better circumstances.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the end of a conference so was relieved anyway. Found the Radisson most helpful, and enjoyed a very pleasant stay. front desk staff was terrific. 2 queen beds in room,pleasant space (and view) - even liked the coffee machine! Very good hours..breakfast early enough, pool open late, depart room late enough. Shuttle bus pick up/drop off to Calgary airport was very convenient. 15 min walk to downtown Canmore and river walks etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kathy

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel amenities and location to be convenient and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to the Rocky Mountains.

Coaldale, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I attended a conference at this location. In general the facility is not too bad, with easy access off of Highway 1.
The check in was excellent, although I just missed a coach load of tourists. Lucky again!
The room rate was excellent, with a conference rate in effect. Upgrade to a king bed was welcome as well.
The hotel is showing some signs of age, with stains in the corridor carpets.
The room was sufficient for the purpose....sleep and shower.
Where this hotel excelled, in my opinion, was the way the staff, especially the housekeeping personnel, were very friendly and made it seem that I was welcome, and important.
I had a nose bleed during the night while there and Rebecca went an extra step to ensure me that it was ok...the clean up was not a problem.
Thanks for that.
The conference facility itself was mediocre at best...we were required to rent all AV equipment from a supplier, as the hotel did not have that equipment available. Not sure why, but it was certainly an added expense.
Buffet style meals at breakfast and lunch were OK, not exceptional, and the banquet meal was also buffet style, and mediocre as well.
I may return and spend some time on a personal trip to see how it compares to a business visit.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the Three Sisters...an awesome view...