“Great stay while stranded due to flooding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1N7, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Canmore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3 nights Get 25% Off
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Medicine Hat
“Great stay while stranded due to flooding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The plan was to stay for 2 nights as I had business meetings but Mother Nature had a different plan. We had somewhere around 300 mm of rain and washouts and mudslides cut Canmore off from the rest of world. Spent an extra 2 nights before finally getting out. Here's my thoughts on the hotel.
It's starting to show its age but was clean, would have gotten 5/5 otherwise. The beds, pillows, and bedding were very comfortable and I slept well. The food at the hotel was fine and the great location meant that a short walk or drive opened up many options.
The real value of the hotel was the actions of the staff. After travelers were stranded and townfolk were evacuated to hotel they handled the situation very well. Updates were posted frequently and senior staff was always available to answer questions. The hotel turned into a family style culture.
Congrats to the hotel and staff on a job well done!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
DDT 414,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Canmore and how we were able to deal with the terrible circumstances that faced southern Alberta in June. It is during those times that the associates of the Radisson Canmore really shine!

John Mytz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I used points for a free night in Canmore to celebrate my birthday. When we arrived they had me in a nice king suite but with a sleep number bed that I don’t like. At my request they moved me to a non-sleep number standard room with 2 queen beds which was fine. They gave me two free cocktails in their lounge since it was my birthday and included breakfast for me and my friend. We were going to go to the downtown area for drinks and dinner but decided to stay at the hotel. After a glass of complementary wine in the lounge we decided to have dinner at Vic's steak restaurant in the hotel which turned out to be the best steak I have had in ages. My friend had pasta which she very much enjoyed. The potatoes I had with my steak (layered with béchamel sauce) were amazing and the whole experience was just great.
Breakfast in the morning (I had eggs benny) was brilliant as well - although the service was a little slow. I will be sure to stay at this Radisson any time I go to Canmore and will recommend it to my friends and customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I can understand if I was staying in a 300 yr old hotel in France if we were having to make do with tiny rooms and creaky floor boards above every time our neighbours elected to walk across their cramped room, but this motel is far from historical! There's no storage space, no table for two to eat off, and very basic, cheap furniture. The pillows are really awful and the walls paper-thin.Our view was of someone's pick-up truck four feet from our window. On arrival the heat didn't work, nor did wifi. Drunks in the corridors at 4am added to the overall experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah H, Front Office Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Arbourstone

I apologize for the maintenance concerns you experienced on your arrival and for the noise from the hallway. We appreciate your feedback, our team will address your comments to find ways we can improve.

Sincerely
Sarah
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My last visit to this hotel for a meeting wasn’t great. Poor F&B planning, clueless staff and good rooms. (Please see my previous review). My company rebooked the hotel for another meeting, so I wasn’t particularly looking forward to it.

Well I still feel the hotel could use some updating and the F&B staff need to be more attentive. The overall experience was improved.

On arrival the front desk agent had a good strong grasp of an efficient check-in. She was aware of our group and understood our billing requirements. It was a hassle free check-in and checkout (same person). Good Job.

Well the lobby and public areas are dated, the guestroom corridors are in poor condition (stains, older looking, etc). Fortunately the guestrooms are much nicer. Clean and comfortable. I’m really picky about hotel rooms, and they were great.

Our meeting room was suitable for the meeting we were conducting. The banquet staff still looked like they lacked confidence in the work they were doing, but it didn’t interfere with conducting our business so I was ok with it. The food was improved since our last meeting there (1 year ago). I enjoyed the diversity in the salad bar setup. The hot food was only ok. Note to the hotel: Risotto doesn’t hold well. Sounds great on a menu in paper but is not a great item on a buffet unless you’re finishing it just as people arrive to eat. I have to admit, I might have eaten quite a few mini chocolate cupcakes.

Overall my experience was improved. I do think that there is still room for improvement, but definitely improved.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here on a very last minute booking over the last holiday, so there wasn't a lot of choice of accomodation in the area. The Raddison isn't recognised as a top hotel but what it delivers is top service, top value for money and a top restaurant.

The hotel building is very sympathetic and blends in well with the area and although its a little rough around the edges - the hall carpets are a little marked but we have just come out of the winter season and some of the rest of the decor needs attention, the service and friendly staff more than compensate for any defects.

We were allowed to check in early with a choice of rooms! The reception explained the amenities and our package in a friendly but professional manner. Our room with 2 queen beds was clean and pleasant. The beds are the usual comfort choice bed - you either like them or you don't but whichever way they are quite comfortable.

The breakfast buffet is good value and menu extensive but the Sunday Brunch - please don't miss this one it's gorgeous! Mountains of colourful choice, all well cooked and presented - if you like buffets you will love this one. The restaurant for dinner is top notch and well deserves its ratings.

So in summary the Raddison is a 3 star hotel that delivers a 5 star service. Well done I wouldn't hesitate to recommend people to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor mountain view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference for 5 days. The staff were incredible, the service was incredible, the food was incredible.
Whether you are going to canmore for a night or a week, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Check in/out are efficient. Rooms are tidy and clean. There is a gadget for setting the firmness of the bed, may be the battery is out, it doesn't seem to be working. The 40" TV got my attention as soon as I walked in. Shower pressure is good. Hotel is close to highway exits. Downtown is a bit of a walk, but certainly manageable. High end clothing stores lined the downtown streets with unique products. Apparently, the airporter stops at the hotel, however, I'm not sure if the bus to Banff stops here. Price is much reasonable than Banff hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!