My last visit to this hotel for a meeting wasn’t great. Poor F&B planning, clueless staff and good rooms. (Please see my previous review). My company rebooked the hotel for another meeting, so I wasn’t particularly looking forward to it.
Well I still feel the hotel could use some updating and the F&B staff need to be more attentive. The overall experience was improved.
On arrival the front desk agent had a good strong grasp of an efficient check-in. She was aware of our group and understood our billing requirements. It was a hassle free check-in and checkout (same person). Good Job.
Well the lobby and public areas are dated, the guestroom corridors are in poor condition (stains, older looking, etc). Fortunately the guestrooms are much nicer. Clean and comfortable. I’m really picky about hotel rooms, and they were great.
Our meeting room was suitable for the meeting we were conducting. The banquet staff still looked like they lacked confidence in the work they were doing, but it didn’t interfere with conducting our business so I was ok with it. The food was improved since our last meeting there (1 year ago). I enjoyed the diversity in the salad bar setup. The hot food was only ok. Note to the hotel: Risotto doesn’t hold well. Sounds great on a menu in paper but is not a great item on a buffet unless you’re finishing it just as people arrive to eat. I have to admit, I might have eaten quite a few mini chocolate cupcakes.
Overall my experience was improved. I do think that there is still room for improvement, but definitely improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on three acres of land in the heart of the majestic Canadian Rocky Mountains, the Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre offers an ideal location for business and leisure travelers. Featuring 164 well-appointed rooms, our hotel is only 15 minutes from Banff, 45 minutes from Calgary and in close proximity to some of the best attractions and activities the area has to offer. Here, you'll also enjoy world-class amenities such as an indoor pool, Fitness Center and Business Center. We have been awarded a 4 key rating from the Green Key Eco-Rating Program - recognizing us as a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment. Strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs and engineering solutions have been implemented which have benefited the environment and the local community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Booking.com, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Hotel And Conference Center Canmore
- Radisson Hotel Canmore
- Radisson Canmore
- Canmore Radisson
- Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre Alberta