“Better Then My Last Visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1N7, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Canmore)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Toronto
“Better Then My Last Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My last visit to this hotel for a meeting wasn’t great. Poor F&B planning, clueless staff and good rooms. (Please see my previous review). My company rebooked the hotel for another meeting, so I wasn’t particularly looking forward to it.

Well I still feel the hotel could use some updating and the F&B staff need to be more attentive. The overall experience was improved.

On arrival the front desk agent had a good strong grasp of an efficient check-in. She was aware of our group and understood our billing requirements. It was a hassle free check-in and checkout (same person). Good Job.

Well the lobby and public areas are dated, the guestroom corridors are in poor condition (stains, older looking, etc). Fortunately the guestrooms are much nicer. Clean and comfortable. I’m really picky about hotel rooms, and they were great.

Our meeting room was suitable for the meeting we were conducting. The banquet staff still looked like they lacked confidence in the work they were doing, but it didn’t interfere with conducting our business so I was ok with it. The food was improved since our last meeting there (1 year ago). I enjoyed the diversity in the salad bar setup. The hot food was only ok. Note to the hotel: Risotto doesn’t hold well. Sounds great on a menu in paper but is not a great item on a buffet unless you’re finishing it just as people arrive to eat. I have to admit, I might have eaten quite a few mini chocolate cupcakes.

Overall my experience was improved. I do think that there is still room for improvement, but definitely improved.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here on a very last minute booking over the last holiday, so there wasn't a lot of choice of accomodation in the area. The Raddison isn't recognised as a top hotel but what it delivers is top service, top value for money and a top restaurant.

The hotel building is very sympathetic and blends in well with the area and although its a little rough around the edges - the hall carpets are a little marked but we have just come out of the winter season and some of the rest of the decor needs attention, the service and friendly staff more than compensate for any defects.

We were allowed to check in early with a choice of rooms! The reception explained the amenities and our package in a friendly but professional manner. Our room with 2 queen beds was clean and pleasant. The beds are the usual comfort choice bed - you either like them or you don't but whichever way they are quite comfortable.

The breakfast buffet is good value and menu extensive but the Sunday Brunch - please don't miss this one it's gorgeous! Mountains of colourful choice, all well cooked and presented - if you like buffets you will love this one. The restaurant for dinner is top notch and well deserves its ratings.

So in summary the Raddison is a 3 star hotel that delivers a 5 star service. Well done I wouldn't hesitate to recommend people to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor mountain view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference for 5 days. The staff were incredible, the service was incredible, the food was incredible.
Whether you are going to canmore for a night or a week, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Check in/out are efficient. Rooms are tidy and clean. There is a gadget for setting the firmness of the bed, may be the battery is out, it doesn't seem to be working. The 40" TV got my attention as soon as I walked in. Shower pressure is good. Hotel is close to highway exits. Downtown is a bit of a walk, but certainly manageable. High end clothing stores lined the downtown streets with unique products. Apparently, the airporter stops at the hotel, however, I'm not sure if the bus to Banff stops here. Price is much reasonable than Banff hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

One night stay in transit. Very courteous and friendly staff. Very pet friendly. Would recommend to anyone traveling to Canmore. The location is very easy access to highway 1 and walking distance to many stores and restaurants

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Radcanmore, General Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear brookdj1:

I am so glad that you found our location accessible and that being pet friendly was of value to you. We looking forward to welcoming you and your pets back to the Radisson Canmore Hotel.
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is my first time ever writing a TripAdvisor comment but I felt the need too after my experience at the Radisson HCC Canmore. It was my boyfriend and I's 4 year anniversary and we decided to travel to the mountains (my first time) and it was spectacular! The Radisson's room was very clean, the bed was incredible, and the breakfast was very nice! We stayed in a Business class King room and on the night of our anniversary, ironically enough there was an amazing fire work show taking place to impress me even more. We loved the atmosphere and I mentioned to my boyfriend that this was by far my favorite vacation to date.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MeganTrevor:

Happy belated anniversary! We are thrilled that the Radisson Canmore Hotel and Conference Center could be a part of your special day and that you will have such positive memories about your experience. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to make more great memories!
Kelowna, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel hosted a conference we attended and we opted to stay here for the convenience. There are a number of meeting rooms of varying sizes and the main ballroom can be divided into smaller rooms. The ballroom has beautiful chandeliers and I think it would look nice for a celebration reception. The meals served (breakfasts, snacks & lunches) were excellent. Staff were polite and helpful. Vic's Steakhouse for dinner was superb. Sunday brunch had a great selection and was reasonably priced. The room was standard, clean and efficient. I totally appreciated the "Sleep Number" bed and set it to my maximum comfort. We were able to admire the mountain view from the window and had the bonus of a fireworks display one night. The area is quiet. The occasional train rumbles thru about a block away, but they're surprisingly stelth. The free internet access was appreciated. The location is great, easy access off the highway and a nice walk to the town centre and nearby parks. I would recommend this hotel for business or vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Curly05:

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw about your stay at the Radisson Canmore Hotel. The team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed many aspects during your time with us and that you would recommend us for business or leisure. We hope you decide to return soon!