“Good Stay, Pet Friendly Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   511 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1N7, Canada (Formerly Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Canmore)   |
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Canmore
Edmonton, Canada
“Good Stay, Pet Friendly Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We booked two room here for the 19th of January. The location is wonderful and even from the ground floor you can see moutains (unless your room faces the parking lot). The front desk staff was friendly and informative.
Room: Both rooms we had were on ground floor, one faced the parking lot and the other one had a wonderful view of the moutains. The rooms were clean and comfortable and they managed to put the rooms across the hall from each other which was convenient. Each room did have a fridge and microwave, which is nice. **One complaint is that the patio doors were dirty and the last person who stayed there drew genitalia in the dirt. The cleaning staff obviously didn't look at that when they were cleaning.**
Pet Friendly: They do offer pet-friendly rooms for a $25 charge. The rooms are the same as any of the other rooms, only they have a walk out patio (the patio is not private or large) for the pets to relieve themselves. You are required to fill out some paperwork when checking in regarding your pets, and you are not allowed to have more than 2 pets in the rooms. It would have been nice if they had provided some bags to clean up after your pet. ** If you are travelling with dogs there is a REALLY nice dog park about 5 minutes away from the hotel with gorgeous views.**
Pool: There is a nice pool/hot tub/gym that is located outdoors. It is attached to the hotel, but you have to walk outside to get to it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sarah H, Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear ADread30

Thank you for your feedback and for the great suggestion regarding the pet bags. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that you found our pet friendly rooms to be convenient, comfortable, and clean. I apologize for the situation with the patio doors and will be sharing this information with our Housekeeping team. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you back to Canmore.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I guess because this hotel is still pretty new, it's very clean. The rooms and beds are wonderful. The staff is very helpful. The location is very convenient, as it is on the main road, but near the end, so it's not a noisy area. The pool area is incredible, our kids loved it. The only part about that that I didn't like, was that access to get to the pool was outside, so if you didn't have slippers on (in the winter months) your feet would be frozen by the time you got back into the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Radcanmore, General Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear sunmama_11:

Wow! Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay at the Radisson Canmore Hotel. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay. Especially that you found the staff to be helpful and the hotel to be clean. We truly appreciate the comments and I will share them with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Canmore soon!

Sherwood Park, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked through Hotwire and got a great price for two rooms. Modern decor, free wifi, free water and coffee made the stay very pleasant. I had read about the sleep number beds, so I asked for rooms with no sleep number beds on the main floor. Front desk was very friendly and accomadating. Did not dine at the loca restaurant and lounge, but it appeared busy, and people appeared to be enjoying themselves. We skiied lake louise, so it is still about a 45 minute drive, so plan for this. Lots of inexpensive restaurants in town, and fast food too which is convenient for breakfast before skiing. Good value overall

Room Tip: Ask for regular beds. as I have heard first hand that the sleep number beds are not great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Being from Calgary, we stay in Canmore a lot. This is certainly one place I can't recommend.

We stayed here as we received a one night stay (living social deal) from a relative for Christmas. I had no problem booking it and provided the voucher number at time of booking. The person taking the booking told me now that she had the number, if I didn't bring the voucher not to worry.

Apparently this was wrong as when we got to the front desk we were told without the voucher we would have to pay. Despite explaining the situation (I did not have an e-mail copy as I did not purchase it), there was no relenting. I did manage to get my relative to forward the e-mail to me but then the front desk insisted I go use their business centre and print it off. Really a whole lot of hassle I just wasn't expecting.

The room itself was nothing spectacular and a bit dirty. Used washcloth left handing on the shower curtain and visible stains on the walls. We found the rooms not very well insulated. A lot of noise from the rooms on either side and hallway. Because of the noise, I don't know if the sleep number beds really made any difference.

Worst part of the stay was the breakfast. There was a wedding at the hotel the night before so the hotel itself seemed quite full. It appeared that most wedding guests also tried to eat breakfast at Vic's restaurant in the hotel. The restaurant was understaffed and unprepared for all the guests resulting in waiting 30 min outside the restaurant to get a seat inside. Now if the restaurant had been full, I could understand but it was about 1/2 full while we waited and it was a buffet breakfast. Why we couldn't be seated and given coffee was beyond explanation. We were tempted to just leave but as our stay included breakfast and because we were initially told it wouldn't take too long to get seated, we waited it out.
As the kitchen was unprepared, by the time we got seated the buffet was void of a lot of food and it was just generally dirty and unappealing. I stuck with coffee and cereal.
Really, the hotel should have known from the number of room bookings with the wedding to put extra staff in the restaurant for breakfast.

As there are so many better accommodation options in Canmore, I don't ever plan on going back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Radcanmore, General Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear tinybutterfly:

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. I am sorry that overall you did not have an enjoyable stay. I was disappinted to read the concerns you experienced as this is not our usual standard and not the experience we wish any guest to have. I will reveiw your feedback with the team to ensure we address your concerns. I would be pleased to speak to you in person about your experience and invite you to contact me.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed once night back in the fall. Great location in such a beautiful setting. Staff was very friendly throuhgout he property and it is very clean. If you stay in Canmore, certainly a property to consider.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Radcanmore, General Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Amtiii:

Happy New Year! Thank you for you feedback. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and the hotel to be clean. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely,

Collierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel was nice and welcoming. The location of the hotel is perfect. Overlooking are the mountains and the entire area is beautiful. We went in April 2012 and it was snowing. Nice beds and the room was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gowri1186:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location. I agree, it is so beautiful here with a fresh snowfall and the mountains as our backdrop. We hope to see you back again soon.

Calgary Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel and got little or no sleep. The main cross Canada CPRail line runs approx 100 Ft behind this hotel. Trains ran all night long at approx 45 min. intervals and they are loud,even for me who has a certified hearing impairment. My wife and I stay in hotels 60 to 70 days per year and this was THE NOISIEST we have ever stayed at. I overheard another guest complaining to the front desk staff of this problem and they were told to book a room at the front of the property next visit. Dont know if that would help since I heard a train while eating in the breakfast room which is at the front of the building. Other than that, the staff are very pleasant, food was good,rooms and hallways were dated and somewhat shabby. I would definitely suggest a room at the front if staying there.

Room Tip: Front of the house only.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nascarfan51:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am so sorry that the noise from the passing trains disrupted your stay. It was good to see that you found the staff to be pleasant and that the food was good. I will pass along your feedback to the team. We do hope to see you back soon.

Sarah Law

Been to Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!