“Clean & Comfy” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1602 2nd Avenue, Canmore, Alberta T1W 1M8, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Canmore
“Clean & Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked this room while on holidays with my sister and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean and the staff were very nice. This hotel is nothing fancy but cleanliness is huge for me. We even received a free park pass for Banff National Park for staying two nights as well as additional savings on the room. Best price for a clean & worry-free stay. If the free continental brakfast isnt your thing the attached restaurant makes the biggest most delicious breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Cctm

Qu'Appelle, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights, and we were quite happy with it. The rooms were about what you'd expect; decent sized, clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was good, and the location was easy to get to and near to restaurants. What stood out for us most, though, was the service. All the staff we dealt with were unbelievably friendly, warmly greeting us when we'd enter the building and answering any questions with a smile. Our toilet overflowed when we first arrived, and the girl at the desk came running, apologized profusely and got us into another room right away. She wanted to put us in the room with the bunk beds for our kids, but it was already taken. She also came to our door a little while later with coupons for a complimentary hot breakfast at the restaurant (which was delicious) and a park pass for Banff which covered us for almost two days. We understand that things like that can happen, but it's the way in which they are handled that can make or break an establishment. This one passed with flying colors.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
richmond
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Worn entrance, room ok with small fireplace which generated far too much heat. Other hotels had nice balconies while our room which was not the cheapest category had cars at eye level! Also VERY annoying that the clock radio was left set to go off twice 2 hours before our wake up call!! We should have checked but really, could housekeeping not do that??

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this motel - and it won't be the last! The rooms are a good size, and have a fridge, a fireplace, and a jet tub! The rooms are also clean and well maintained. The staff is amazing! So friendly and helpful! I had a lot of questions and requests during this stay and they enthusiastically helped me with every single one! We will deinitely stay here again, and will recommend it to everyone we know!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Maritimers0513
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Econo Lodge in Canmore was very impressive for a quick night's stop. It was incredibly clean and they had a very good breakfast in the morning that was included in the price. If you are going skiing and want to stay in a reasonably priced, clean, nicely staffed motel, this is a great place to stop. You can't beat the price and the morning breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lunadiver37
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have used this hotel twice for a scrapbooking retreat with 22 - 26 ladies. Service was exceptional. I have no complaints whatsoever about the hotel. I will definitely use this place again. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lorna J
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

When Lisa checked me in for "maybe a couple of nights", I was expecting a clean room and a good bed. Period. What more could you ask for when all you really want is to ski and play in the snow? Nothing, I thought - but I was in for few surprises.
After the first day of skiing (at 20 below), I drove back to the Econo wishing I'd picked a more expensive place - maybe with a sauna bath in the room, y'know? Still, I jumped into my tub anyway, and - surprise - it had a full set of sauna jets! Oh, yeah . . . I'm startin' to look smart.
I checked at the desk to see if they had a snow forecast for the week - maybe directions to a some x-country ski trails or a brochure for skiing the back country - nothing much. But the young man at the desk, Kyle, wasn't interested brochures. He was interested in skiing -- and he'd been skiing the very best places all week. Surprise. Kyle filled me in on the latest about everything - the best trails, the best steeps, the best way to get there, the avalanche risk . . even the right wax! By bedtime my laptop was plugged into his own back country blog and I was virtually skiing the terrain . . . Rats! No brochure.
I won't list all the other pleasant surprises I had at the Econo (like the exercise room is open late). Let's just say Kyle and Lisa turned into friends, and my "one or two nights" turned into one of the best holidays I've ever had -- all six (6) weeks of it.

Obviously I'm recommending the Econo for people like me. For those who want to keep their visit to the Rockies at more of a "brochure" level, there's always the Banff Springs.

Room Tip: North side rooms are probably cooler in Summer. Ask about sauna jets in the tub. Even some basic r...