We just returned from a 2 family vacation to the StoneRidge Mountain Resort. I was impressed by the many positive reviews and was very excited to check in. We were met at the front desk by Kevin, who was very helpful and pleasant. Our first room wasn't what we were looking for, so I asked if we might be able to change - Stephanie was very helpful in this regard and was able to find us two rooms that were better suited to our needs. Clearly, the front desk staff have had customer service training - something that is sadly lacking in many establishments. Both rooms were fantastic - one faced the Bow Valley Trail (2 bedroom) and one faced the pool (1 bedroom). Although our room was spectaculor, there was a premium charge for the mountain facing rooms. This charge of $25 is per night, not per stay as I had expected (my fault for likely not reading the details). The pool view room was much quieter, as the Bow Valley Trail has the railway running parallel to it. The sound isn't a huge problem with the doors closed - might be a bigger factor in the summer months.
Pool was fantastic - I appreciate that the kids were able to go in the hot tub. It was an extremely family friendly experience.
We walked our kids (7, 6 and 3) to the candy store from the hotel, and they were able to do it without any issues. About 2 km round trip. I would highly recommend this hotel for a trip to Canmore and will look forward to staying again.
(and thanks to Donna for taking care of our room so well!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-suite luxury condominium resort hotel nestled in the Canadian Rockies. 5-minute drive to Banff National Park. All suites incl. Full gourmet kitchen, fireplace, 42" & 32" HDTV’s, Ipod stereo, electronic safe, in Suite laundry & gas BBQ. Outdoor Heated pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Center. Available Wi-Fi and heated underground parking. Meeting, Banquet and Reception rooms available. Ridge Cafe (licenced)open daily serving up light meals, baked goods and specialty coffees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your StoneRidge Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoneridge Mountain Hotel Canmore
- StoneRidge Mountain Resort Canmore, Alberta