We recently spent 3 nights in a 2-bedroom (King), 2 bathroom condo at the StoneRidge Mountain Resort in Canmore. We used the condo as a 'home base' for our skiing in Banff and Lake Louise.
Given its popularity - especially with families, although I tried to book early, we did not get the 2-bedroom 'Family' condo that we wanted (they were already taken). However, the regular 2-bedroom was a nice substitute. The condo is amply spacious, and has a full-quipped kitchen, full fridge, freezer, microwave, stove top, etc. The bedrooms are adequately spacious - each having a comfortable king sized beds, well appointed, and each have an attached bathroom. The ensuite to the master has dual sinks,an unjetted soaker tub in addition to a separate shower. The other bathroom is a more simple set-up, with one sink and a shower, along with direct access to the kitchen. There are three flat screen televisions in the condo (1 in the family room, and 1 in each of the bedrooms). The only DVD player is in the family room, and is tricky to get operational. Luckily, our older son is our 'tech support' and sorted in out quickly.
Overall, we found the condo clean and well maintained. We also found the staff to be well trained and professional in carrying out their responsibilities.
The layout is a little confusing, with the office/lobby being on the third floor, and the first floor having access to the pools (hot tub and heated pool) in the courtyard, as well as the first floor parking. The parking is somewhat limited, but you can eventually find a spot - even when it is sold out. However, the covered parking has a low ceiling, and while it will be adequate for any regular vehicle, it will not be adequate if you have a roof-top carrier.
We got a room on the third floor, and did notice some noise coming from above us - even later into the evening (kids playing while the parents were out?), so I would ask to get a room on the 4th floor next time.
The location of the Resort is convenient (relatively nearby to access the highway, and close enough to Canmore by car, but NOT close for walking. It is near to its sister facility: Falcon Creat Lodge, and others like Solara Resort.
The value you receive for staying here is great, especially in comparison to what you may get for similar accommodation in Banff or Lake Louise (where you pay 50% more for something comparable).
Overall this is a great place to use as a home base for trips to the Rookies!
- Also Known As:
- Stoneridge Mountain Hotel
- Stoneridge Mountain Hotel Canmore
- StoneRidge Mountain Resort Canmore, Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-suite luxury condominium resort hotel nestled in the Canadian Rockies. 5-minute drive to Banff National Park. All suites incl. Full gourmet kitchen, fireplace, 42" & 32" HDTV’s, Ipod stereo, electronic safe, in Suite laundry & gas BBQ. Outdoor Heated pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Center. Available Wi-Fi and heated underground parking. Meeting, Banquet and Reception rooms available. Ridge Cafe (licenced)open daily serving up light meals, baked goods and specialty coffees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelClick, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your StoneRidge Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.