We chose the StoneRidge Mountain Resort for our romantic anniversary weekend in the mountains. We were originally going to splurge and stay in Banff but we were thrilled to discover this resort in Canmore instead. It had wonderful reviews online and was significantly cheaper for a lot more space. We rented a One Bedroom King Suite for $160/night (with full kitchen), in comparison to looking at spending $180+ for a tiny queen room in Banff (standard hotel room, no kitchen).
We were certainly not disappointed at all! We have been to both Banff and Canmore before and this is the nicest resort that we have stayed at, especially for the price. The room was gorgeous! We were lucky enough to have a 4th floor room so it had vaulted ceilings which made the room even more open and pretty. We had a pool view and did not pay any extra for a "mountain" view but since the mountains are all around you, we still had a gorgeous view. I was so impressed by the finishes in the room - beautiful hardwood floors, granite counters and stainless steel appliances. I liked that the room had a modern feel, but still felt warm and cozy (loved the slate fireplace!) The only critique I would have is that the bedroom was very small and it just barely fit a king size bed and a dresser with TV at the foot of the bed so not much space to open the dresser. However, the bed was delightfully comfortable. The room was also very clean and well kept.
The underground heated parking is a nice feature, especially in our Canadian winters. It is quite small though and some of the parking spots are a bit tight. We were able to navigate our Ford F150 down there, but it was a bit of a squeeze. That being said, we were always able to find a parking spot that we could get in to. The hotel is a bit of a distance from the main part of town where most restaurants are, but it is a very short drive (ie. 5min). It would probably be about a 20min walk. We chose to take a taxi both nights when we went out for dinner and it was only about $7 to town, so we found the location to be excellent.
We had great service while we were there and never ran in to any problems at all. One morning we discovered that the housekeeping staff had forgotten to refill our coffee supplies, but one quick phone call to the front desk and they brought us supplies in no time. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful, and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.
Unfortunately we forgot to bring bathing suits, so we didn't get a chance to enjoy the outdoor heated pool and hot tub, but it looked beautiful. We won't make that mistake when we come back in the future!
Overall, we had a wonderful stay at the StoneRidge and will certainly look forward to returning.
- Also Known As:
- Stoneridge Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Stoneridge Mountain Hotel
- StoneRidge Mountain Resort Canmore, Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-suite luxury condominium resort hotel nestled in the Canadian Rockies. 5-minute drive to Banff National Park. All suites incl. Full gourmet kitchen, fireplace, 42" & 32" HDTV’s, Ipod stereo, electronic safe, in Suite laundry & gas BBQ. Outdoor Heated pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Center. Available Wi-Fi and heated underground parking. Meeting, Banquet and Reception rooms available. Ridge Cafe (licenced)open daily serving up light meals, baked goods and specialty coffees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your StoneRidge Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.