“Great after skiing” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Canmore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking
Description: Great selection of Poutines made with fresh squeaky cheese curds, double cooked fries and a delicious vegetable based gravy. Old fashioned Montreal smoked meat sandwich served on rye with a side of kosher pickle :) Aged Alberta beef subs. Moist, Steamed dogs, dressed to perfection :) Authentic Colt Spruce Beer Come and get a taste of home :D
Alberta
“Great after skiing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Nice little place with great food after a day of skiing. We would definitely go back. Great poutine!

Cochrane, Canada
“A Must Stop for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've been to la Belle Patate 3 times now and each time I cannot wait to go back. The poutine is amazing, even just the plain poutine is fabulous. Their smoked meat is excellent too.
My kids don't really like poutine, (Crazy children) but the hamburger and a steamie hit the spot each time.
I do not find their prices unreasonable at all, especially for Canmore. But you would pay that much in Calgary too.
It can sometimes be tricky to find, but it is worth the hunt.

Winnipeg
“Disappointing! Poutine without gravy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Each year we're in town, we stop here for poutine. I rated this spot as average based on this last experience...perhaps poor would have been a better choice.

1) I ordered an Ian without mushrooms. You'd think I committed a crime. I could hear the guys talking amongst themselves...and commenting on how I didn't know what an Ian was and that perhaps they should create a new one called Elliot. Yes, I heard you. Regardless, my poutine was okay - certainly would opt for a traditional poutine next time. No more Ian poutine for me.

2) Hubby ordered an Ian (his favourite) and when we got back to our condo, he discovered his poutine had NO gravy. Seriously!?!?! How can you make such a mistake? It's one of the main ingredients! Disappointed!

Perhaps the orders were mixed up and someone ordered fries with extras.

Besides this one bad experience, we've always enjoyed our poutines from there. Not to rub salt in wounds...but...next time I'll double check that our poutines have gravy before leaving the store.

Visited March 2014
LaBelleCanmore, Owner at La Belle Patate, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Queenlisab

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us!

Not wanting mushrooms on your Ian poutine or on anything its definitely not a crime!

Reading your review about the boys talking amongst themselves about you not knowing what an Ian is and that maybe they should create a new one called Elliot, can be an honest misunderstanding.

The boys are well aware that we have an open kitchen concept and I know they aren't rude to our customers.

However, they do have some jokes amongst themselves...
If a customer is asking for no cheese for example, one of the boys would shout out "EXTRA CHEESE" and quickly inform the customer that they are teasing.

About your situation, I think you might of taken a joke wrong, that wasn't even meant towards you.
Elliot is one of our crew members who is recently being trained on the grill, normally there is one of us backing him up with the orders and he gets teased all the time. In a friendly way :)
With every order we specify every detail loud and clear to the cook, especially Elliot, because he's new on the grill :)
I'm not saying that they didn't make a comment, but I can reassure you that it was innocent and might of been between each other, not about you.
I know for sure that the two boys we have working for us on the line are well mannered.
However I will talk to them about this incident and take it as a learning experience.

I am happy to hear that you are willing to return and we appreciate you giving us a second chance, please bring it to my attention (Gina) or my partner's (David) attention who you are the time you visit so we can apologize in person.

The second disappointment you had with us is leaving me speechless!!!
A poutine is not a poutine without the gravy I totally agree with you!
I'm not looking for any excuse on that because its unacceptable!

Thank you for bringing it to our attention and the next time you visit us we would like to make up for that.
I know first hand, that nothing is worst than ordering something you really want.. get home and find something missing...
I get super cranky when that happens! :)

We appreciate your review and looking forward to make your experience better next time.
If you like, you can contact me through email at d.g.inc@hotmail.com if you have any comments, questions or concerns

Cheers
Gina
“First time for Poutine or the search for best in the west”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were recommended by my sisters friend to visit for the Poutine.
My sister has lived in Canada for over 10 years and is a fan of Poutine, however it was the second time that I had tried it, the first not leaving me with a good impression. So I was not sure how my family and I would get on

The food was great.

It converted me to a Poutine fan, but the children liked everything other than the cheese curds.
They did however love the hot dog and burger, and the Chicken Sub filling was a meal on is own.

When we're back in Canmore we will be back for more.

Dear Kheap and family
We are so pleased to hear that we helped you restore faith in poutine :)
It's always nice to hear that our customers leave our restaurant with a full satisfied belly.

Thank you for your kind review!

Special thanks to your sister's friend who recommended us!!!

La Belle Patate, Canmore Crew
Winnipeg
“Poutine with not gravy is not poutine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited from out of town, hit LBP like we have every previous trip.

Ordered two Ians, brought them back to our hotel. One was as ordered (no mushrooms), the other was mysteriously missing its gravy.

Poutine without gravy is not poutine. How does this kind of mistake happen?! Very disappointed.

Visited March 2014
Dear Veinless

Once again we are sorry for the bad experience you had with us.
I already responded to your wife about the same concerns and we are looking forward to the opportunity to make it up to you!

I honestly don't have an answer to give you, because this mistake is unacceptable!

Thank you for your review, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Gina