“The best poutine and burgers in Alberta.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Great selection of Poutines made with fresh squeaky cheese curds, double cooked fries and a delicious vegetable based gravy. Old fashioned Montreal smoked meat sandwich served on rye with a side of kosher pickle :) Aged Alberta beef subs. Moist, Steamed dogs, dressed to perfection :) Authentic Colt Spruce Beer Come and get a taste of home :D
Calgary, Canada
“The best poutine and burgers in Alberta.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Squeaky cheese curds, juicy home made patties, coming back to try a smoked meat sandwich. Merci Uncle Tom

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“A great authentic poutine experience in Canmore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stumbled upon La Belle Patate while searching for a quick lunch while in Canmore. It was everything we expected. The traditional poutine was excellent. You can select your portion size for the poutine, which is nice, as my wife and I shared one. The Montreal smoked meat sandwich was very good and filling.

It seems to be a very popular place on a weekend at lunch, so be prepared to wait for a place to sit, and also for your food.

We will definitely be returning!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Finally found the poutine I was searching for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Living in California, it's hard to get good poutine. So on my trip to the Canadian rockies, I ordered it 4 times in a week. The first three were disappointing - shredded cheddar cheese instead of curds even! This was my last attempt on the way back to Calgary.

Located in a bit of an industrial area, you wouldn't expect a restaurant, but it was no problem finding it. The owner was extremely friendly and the poutine was great - exactly like you'd find in montreal. My wife even tried a spruce beer - fun stuff. Totally worth a stop off the highway!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Banff National Park, Canada
“Best place for Poutine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I tried Poutine the first time in Vancouver when I came to Canada. And when I moved to Banff, I could not resist and go to La Belle Patate in Canmore and I was not disappointed.

Poutine is just great food and La Belle Patate is the best place for it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Burned fries and no Montreal smoked meat available”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took a trip from Calgary to Canmore to try the Montreal smoked meat sandwich. To our surprise, it was not available because they ran out. So we ordered a smoked meat sub and a poutine. I asked what came in the sub and was told by the front cash staff "pickles and smoked meat with mustard". Then I said "nothing else"? He said "No". When we got our sub it had, onions, mushrooms, cheese, smoked meat, pickles and mustard. So that 3 items more than what I was told. Well, that was fine, the staff offered to make a new one fast because I don't like onions. Fine enough!!
The poutine was salty, and the fries tasted burned, like they were cooked in old oil. Not good... I will not return.

• Visited January 2013