“Best place for Poutine” 4 of 5 stars

+1 403-678-0077
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 89 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking
Description: Great selection of Poutines made with fresh squeaky cheese curds, double cooked fries and a delicious vegetable based gravy. Old fashioned Montreal smoked meat sandwich served on rye with a side of kosher pickle :) Aged Alberta beef subs. Moist, Steamed dogs, dressed to perfection :) Authentic Colt Spruce Beer Come and get a taste of home :D
Banff National Park, Canada
“Best place for Poutine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I tried Poutine the first time in Vancouver when I came to Canada. And when I moved to Banff, I could not resist and go to La Belle Patate in Canmore and I was not disappointed.

Poutine is just great food and La Belle Patate is the best place for it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“Burned fries and no Montreal smoked meat available”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took a trip from Calgary to Canmore to try the Montreal smoked meat sandwich. To our surprise, it was not available because they ran out. So we ordered a smoked meat sub and a poutine. I asked what came in the sub and was told by the front cash staff "pickles and smoked meat with mustard". Then I said "nothing else"? He said "No". When we got our sub it had, onions, mushrooms, cheese, smoked meat, pickles and mustard. So that 3 items more than what I was told. Well, that was fine, the staff offered to make a new one fast because I don't like onions. Fine enough!!
The poutine was salty, and the fries tasted burned, like they were cooked in old oil. Not good... I will not return.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Canmore, Canada
“The best place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I live close Canmore and this is my favorite restaurant, the owner and the workers are very friendly,

the food is great My favourite are La belle burguer and la belle poutine, Delicious!

I visit this place once or twice a month!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sh.park
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and reale great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We went and had some really nice food the even made some extra food for my grandson, really friendly staff, very good experience

Vancouver, Canada
“Just Like Home - Blast from the Past!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Drove the 100kms on Sunday from Calgary to Canmore as I heard there was a little place called La Belle Patate that served Steamies, just like back home in Montreal. For those of you that don't understand what a Steamie is (or Maple Leaf Fans) read no further! I ordered some steamies, or course "all dressed" and quickly fell into the past, and it was amazing. Incredible Fries as well. Just like my mind told me it should be. The owner (i think) was there, very engaging, talking about the Montreal Canadiens and showing us all of the memorabilia that his patrons brought in. All in all, amazing experience, the food quality and service was superb. I'll definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere