We had a fantastic holiday this summer in Banff/Canmore primarily due to a stay at the Grande Rockies Resort. You couldn’t find this resort on many of the more popular travel websites out there when we booked it, which is probably why the hotel is offering such great rates right now. It increases the popularity of the hotel and encourages guests to stay despite a few of the hotels features still being worked on and a few of the nuances still being worked out.
When we stayed here (June of 2010) the outside of the hotel was still under construction. Not the hotel itself, but the surrounding landscape and such. The inside of the hotel including the rooms is all completed and looks fantastic. Everything is brand new and the décor in the rooms is beautiful. So much so that I would consider designing the interior of my own home similar to the interior of the room we stayed in.
A few of the downsides that need mentioning…
The biggest downfall that this hotel may have going for it is the potential for the price to value ratio being skewed when the full price of the room is being charged. We got a promotional rate ($150.00 a night) because of the fact that the hotel is brand new and because summer is considered low season, but this low price won’t be around for long. The value for your dollar of this hotel may change depending on what price a room goes for when things get settled in. I was told by the front desk that the standard room price (in June) will be $215.00 a night, which isn’t bad for what you get.
The city of Canmore is fantastic (less touristy than Banff) will all kinds of interesting restaurants and shops around, and the hiking trails (and Banff itself) are a stones’ throw away.
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel, especially while the promotional rates remain in effect.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Hotel
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.