We stayed over the May long weekend for this trip. We had stayed before and our kids loved the pool area. It's a decent resort and they had availability. I was very disappointed in their basic cleanliness and attention to detail. The entire time during our stay, there were soiled bed linens in the hall. About 50 large bags worth of them just piled in the hall next to bags of garbage. In addition, one of our neighbors had left their room service out and it was never taken away over the 3 day stay.
The pool was still pretty good but for some reason, they had no clean towels for the guests. We had to walk back to our room soaking wet.
I also had a problem with the bluray player. Well, the problem wasn't the player, it was that there is only 1 HDMI Cable. There are several cables behind the mounted tv so you have to play AV specialist and move the cable from the pvr to the bluray. I called about it and they never brought an additional HDMI cable. When I checked out, I mentioned it again and they said that yes, the rooms only have 1 HDMI cable and if you have a suite with 2 tvs (living room and bedroom), you have to move the HDMI cable from room to room. That is just plain stupid. Why purchase tvs, pvrs, bluray players, mount them and then cheap out on an extra HDMI cable?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta