We went to this hotel on Good Friday of the Easter weekend. We had booked a one bedroom with kitchenette. Unfortunately they were over sold. Staff was very helpful and did their best to accommodate and apologize for the mix up. Elyse was fantastic and did what ever she could to help us out.So we ended up getting a one bedroom executive suite in the boutique portion of the hotel! The boutique room was actually quite large and was nice and clean.
The biggest disappointment was that it was quite a beautiful hotel and recently updated but not maintained very well. Our shower did not drain properly so we had to cut showers short before it over flowed. Light bulbs were burnt out. There were no extra sheets in the bedroom for the pull out bed. No coffee in the room for the keurig. So details were over looked.
The pool area was not well maintained. The deck was dirty with hair and dirt. The pool itself had dirt in it. The outdoor portion of the hot tub was also dirty with an empty bottle of wine in the corner. There was a water cooler in the corner, but no water! At one point in the afternoon the kids pool was too cold for my son to go in and the hot tub was just warm!
The food in he habitat restaurant was very good!
Overall they were extremely short staffed...as well...especially on the Friday.
It's too bas the hotel seemed to have so much potential, it looks nice newly renovated, great for kids with the waterslide and kids pool but it just wasn't maintained!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta