We travel to Canmore once or twice a year for a family holiday. I will preface this by saying that we usually stay at another property in the area but we thought we'd try something different this time. We decided to stay at this resort specifically, because of the pool and water slide.
However, when we arrived the whole pool area was under maintenance. We were not informed of this when we checked in, my husband discovered it later that evening. Also, the elevator was broken on two out of the three days that we were there. Not exactly ideal when staying with an infant and a small child (and all of our belongings). I understand that these things happen, but it certainly but a damper on our stay.
As far as cleanliness, it was just okay. Our patio windows were full of handprints and there was a box of empty wine bottles on our patio. The walls are fairly dinged up, and the coffee table was very wobbly and not sturdy.
I don't know, but I've stayed in other properties that were better stocked, cleaner and maintained. I just feel that we didn't really get the value for what we paid. In the end, we did get a small discount because of the pool.
We left one of our items behind, and my husband talked to housekeeping and was told they they would return his call the next day. That was over a week ago.
Overall, it was just okay. It would be fine if we were travelling without our kids, but I think we will stay somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta