It's not that this hotel is bad, it's just...... ok. Nothing stunning, but lots wrong.
For starters, staffing must be a big issue. A huge line at check in time (like, 10 families in line) and 1 person working the desk. Housekeeping must be a huge issue too- not enough people to do the work would be my guess. Our room clearly hadn't been swept, there were pillows missing from the bed, no extra blankets, 2 towels and one facecloth, the dish soap in the kitchen was totally empty, and dishes left (washed) in the dishwasher (one of which had dried cooked on food still in it- LOVE starting my vacay by washing someone else's dishes). The hotel hallway wasn't vacuumed the entire 5 days we were there, and it showed. There were dishes left outside someone's room for all 5 days too. No towels in the pool area, and of course no one at the front desk when you go to ask for them. The pool is great for toddlers- has it's own kiddie area out of the main pool and waterslide, but the whole thing is grotty and unclean.
It just seems weird that the owners would sink so much money into the rooms (slate floors, granite counters, a beautiful bathroom with steam shower, gas fireplace) and then let things go, like the missing dishes/towels/blankets, or 3 outside chairs but no table, or the general maintenance of the facilities.
In terms of what we were looking for, this hotel had it- a separate bedroom, a full kitchen (with a mismatch of numbers of dishes and things), an indoor pool.... but I'm really not sure I'd stay here again. I can't say anything was really wrong, but the unkempt nature of the place bothered me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta