My wife and I had a three day stay here in March 2015. This was once a nice place, but a lack of maintenance and poor planning when it was built make it average today. The room we stayed in had a steam shower. The doors on the shower had come off the track and at some time water had sprayed on the bathroom door frame, damaging it. A bit of moulding on the same frame was coming off. I am very tall and could not stand up straight in the shower (this is not unusual in Mexico, but in Canada????) The fake hardwood floor had many gouges in it. A dye pen would have concealed most of them, but no one had bothered. The king sized bed was nice, but so wide the night table, bolted to the wall, blocked the opening of the closet bifold door, which in turn blocked the set of drawers inside the closet making then useless. With the kitchen tap you could pull out the end to rinse off dishes. Unfortunately the end drooped out of its fitting because the counterweight under the sink was wrongly positioned. The cupboard door over the microwave would not close properly because it rubbed on the microwave door. The room was extremely hot and difficult to cool down because when you opened the patio door, the noise from the Trans Canada highway was extreme. The air-conditioning did not seem to be functioning this early in the season. Somebody needs to do a complete inspection of the rooms in this place and get maintenance to do their job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta