“Canmore's best resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
toronto
“Canmore's best resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This was my first time staying here and it was perfect. The room was beautiful, loved the radio in the shower. Was able to enjoy drinks with my husband in the lounge while watching our kids swimming in the pool. Every window in our room had amazing views of the Rockies. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed March 2015
Darryll H, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear jamit: I’m absolutely delighted that you had such an excellent first stay with us! Pleased you enjoyed your suite all they have to offer. The pool area is the best in Canmore. Our Team Members always want to provide our guests with a unique and special experience and when we get great feedback like yours, we know we’re meeting our goals! Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you on future trips to Canmore!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel along with my two children at least 4 times. Every time it is wonderful. The staff is always happy, pleasant, and helpful. The views are magnificent! Located far enough from the main strip to give you some peaceful and quiet sleep, yet close enough (10 minute walk) to provide access to anything you need. Things that make this hotel great: hot tub, baby pool, pool with slide, good restaurant, kitchen in suites, free parking underground, safe and fun.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Darryll H, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear clclcl2015: Thank you very much for your excellent review and your continued patronage! Our Team’s mission is to ensure all of our guests receive Star treatment and go home with a memorable hospitality experience. Delighted you enjoyed our spacious pool area, water slide and our indoor/outdoor hot tub, it's the best in Canmore. Once again, thank you for your review, your continued patronage and I do look forward to hosting you and your family again on future stays in Canmore!

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I spent a long weekend in the Banff/Canmore area. Based on the price (mid level), the location and the pictures of the hotel online, it looked a great deal. Whoever they hired to photograph the hotel lobby, grounds and most importantly the rooms, is gifted. The room we stayed in was slightly nicer than a motel room. You could tell they tried their best to put some high end finishes in the bathrooms, furniture, TVs, to make it appear like a much higher grade hotel. But at the end of the day it was just lipstick on a pig. Don't get me wrong..........this is not a terrible hotel. It's just not anywhere near as upscale as they're trying to portray it. It was certainly less expensive than a comparable hotel in Banff, but you get what you pay for. I thought we were getting a 4 or 5 star hotel at the price of the 3 star hotel. What we got was a 3 star hotel pretending to be a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew K: Thank you for your review. It is only through guest comments such as yours that we can continue to improve our operation. I will be sharing your comments with our team. The team does try hard to ensure the property is first class and that our valued guests are taken care of. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Canmore!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Husband & I stayed for two nights at this wonderful hotel. There are no words to describe the service and care we were shown. My husband is ill, and the staff and owner went out of their way to make our stay perfect. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and I find it hard to believe that there could ever be a negative report on anything.

Thank you again to Sean, Daniel and Brent.

Jim & Barb

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
GrandeRockiesResort, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jim & Barb,
Thank you so much for the kind words. Our staff really are all extremely professional and eager to ensure you have a trip with last memories. Thank you for including us in your vacation, I'm glad you both got to enjoy sitting in the sunshine while you enjoyed your mountain view. It was a pleasure to meet you both.

Brent Batten
Hotel Manager
Sherwood Park, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked this hotel for 2 nights i was very disappointed dusty dirty room the bathroom door had grimy dirt and hair on the door frame it was so bad i requested a room change which was no better the leather head board had a layer of dust on it we had 2 towels for 2 people for 2 nights and only 1 was cloth,there was little hot water, we had a kuerig for coffee but had no coffee i booked through hotels.com the description and photos of the rooms are very deceiving.So as i was leaving my room one time i noticed a young 20 something young man cleaning a room i thought to my self come on everyone knows men don't clean and are certainly not as thorough as a woman.I certainly did not get my monies worth at all will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at at main building
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear 158shelleys: I do appreciate your review regarding you past stay with us. Cleanliness is of the utmost importance in the Hotel/Resort industry and what you experienced during your stay is certainly not a Grande Rockies standard. Our goal is always to exceed guest expectations and I would appreciate speaking with you to gather further details. My direct line is 403-609-3600 ext. 15009

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The front staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. The one bedroom suite we were assigned was not impressive in the least. We had room 139. The kitchen cabinets are damaged and worn. All the closet doors fall off the hinges when opened. Every dish in the cubbard needed to be washed as they were dirty. The walls were dented and scuffed. If I owned this unit I would be furious at its condition. The only bonus was the kid friendly pool and close proximity to everything Canmore has to offer

• Stayed January 2015
Dear kermode2: Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at The Grande Rockies Resort. I am truly disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay.

No excuses can be offered except we have failed in our service. I would like an opportunity to invite you back. Please contact me personally and I would be delighted to make sure you get the stay you deserve. 403-609-3600 x15009.

We look forward to redeeming ourselves and regaining your trust in our services.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Grande Rockies Resort more than exceeded our expectations! We stayed in a one bedroom suite and were blown away by the amenities! The suite was so nice, big kitchen, huge baloney (with a bbq) and the bed was so comfortable. We had excellent service from every employee we dealt with. The person working at the front desk when we arrived was so helpful, offering to give us recommendations on anything we might be interested in! We also had an unparalleled view! I will definitely stay here again (in fact I can't wait to go again!) and I will recommend this hotel to anybody planning a trip to Canmore or Banff! Thank you for everything Grande Rockies Resort!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
GrandeRockiesResort, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear JoellStacie,
Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled you had an amazing experience. Our staff are all fantastic and eager to help make your trip memorable. The views are certainly a big attraction and it's so nice you were able to enjoy them from your balcony! We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Canmore!

Brent Batten
Hotel Manager

Been to Grande Rockies Resort? Share your experiences!