Stayed here for a conference last week in room 281 of the boutique building.
First, let me start by saying that all the basics were met if not exceeded; Super comfy bed, good wifi, and a nice hot shower (with a rain water faucet!).
Things that disappointed me:
- No fridge in the room... not a big deal, but staying for three nights it would have been nice to stock up on a few breakfast necessities
- Window faced the parking lot, and no balcony... I did notice that almost all other rooms in the "boutique" building had balconies and windows facing the mountains, so I felt a bit shafted here
- Towels were big but had lost all their fluff! Nothing worse than a rough towel.
- TV was facing a weird angle.
- Air conditioner/heater was really loud! Woke me up many times throughout the nights.
- There was no book in the room with information on Canmore or even a menu for their restaurant. I ordered room service one night (which was good - I had the chicken and brie sandwich with yam fries) and had to look it up on my phone using the wifi.
Overall my stay was comfortable and the accommodations suited my needs, but given the option I probably wouldn't stay here again over trying a new resort in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta