“Nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
50% Off Third Night
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Kelowna, Canada
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a conference last week in room 281 of the boutique building.
First, let me start by saying that all the basics were met if not exceeded; Super comfy bed, good wifi, and a nice hot shower (with a rain water faucet!).

Things that disappointed me:
- No fridge in the room... not a big deal, but staying for three nights it would have been nice to stock up on a few breakfast necessities
- Window faced the parking lot, and no balcony... I did notice that almost all other rooms in the "boutique" building had balconies and windows facing the mountains, so I felt a bit shafted here
- Towels were big but had lost all their fluff! Nothing worse than a rough towel.
- TV was facing a weird angle.
- Air conditioner/heater was really loud! Woke me up many times throughout the nights.
- There was no book in the room with information on Canmore or even a menu for their restaurant. I ordered room service one night (which was good - I had the chicken and brie sandwich with yam fries) and had to look it up on my phone using the wifi.

Overall my stay was comfortable and the accommodations suited my needs, but given the option I probably wouldn't stay here again over trying a new resort in the area.

Room Tip: Request to stay in the main building if you can. It's a chilly walk from the other buildings ove...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Red Deer, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We have stayed here in the past and really enjoyed this hotel.
This experience there were the usual positives, very quiet, friendly staff, nice pool.
However, in our room we only had 2 towels for 4 guests, one face cloth, no bath mats. We made do but asked for more towels. We got two pool towels, which are small, but gave them to the kids.
My bathrobe had a big hole in it, you need these to go to the pool by the lobby.
The kitchen cupboards were dirty and I had to wash the pots before we cooked supper.
Only one dish rag and no doing towel was available.
The fridge was immaculate!
Plenty of place settings provided. We enjoyed the room backing on to the courtyard.
Ordered cereal from room service as a treat for the kids thinking it would come with nice presentation. The handed me a coffee cup full of milk and two mini boxes of cereal. No tray, no flair which is why you get roomservice!
We'll think twice before we stay here again.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The hotel itself is no where close to the money spent! Out room smelt bad-was very close to a train track-the sheets where ripped (which was something they prided themselves on trough their website.) we had forgotten my husbands suit there. Offered to pay the shopping and they sent me for a 2 week goose chase. Tried working with management to get it back but they just started to ignore my emails.. They still cannot explain why the suit is how missing less than 24 hrs from when we forgot it. The room we stayed in was separate from the main building so forget wanting to use the pool unless you freez your butt off running back to your building across the parkig lot. We have stayed in many hotels and I was NOT happy with this hotel! Not just by the actual hotel/room but terribly disappointed by the management and costumer service!

• Stayed October 2014
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a luxury king suite rather last minute in an effort to detox and get away after an arduous week at work. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was nervous about the comments regarding substandard cleanliness. I wish I could say that my experience was different, but not so. There was a nod towards renovating four years ago, but the rooms have not been maintained. The furniture looks cheap, the coffee table wobbled like a gyroscope, and the walls and floors were badly scratched up. While I might overlook the hotel's packaging themselves as a "luxurious" and "sophisticated" resort, I cannot forgive the lack of cleanliness. There were red stains on the panels of the sliding doors, which, I hope, was no more than tomato sauce. There were dustballs and layers of dust along the baseboards. The walls are thin, and we could hear the large family next to us carousing into the wee hours. On the flip side, my 7-year old son enjoyed the slide and swimming pool and experimenting with the space-aged shower. Rather than spending money on heating the outdoor hot tub and the high-tech showers, the money would be better spent on a reliable, conscientious house-keeping service.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
GrandeRockiesResort, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for feedback and taking the time to pass along your concerns. I have spoken with our housekeeping team in regards to your issue and will follow up with them to ensure that our standard of cleanliness is being met. I am glad to hear your son enjoyed the waterslide, it is a great amenity of the hotel for all guests! I'd like the opportunity to discuss your stay further and encourage you to contact me directly at 587-222-0700 or by email at brentb@bellstar.ca.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staying here right now. Not a great weekend. Room was dirty upon arrival, especially floors. It's dark hardwood so I understand cleaning is difficult, but it's clear there was zero effort. Fist sized ball of hair in bathroom and large pieces of dirt/dust/etc throughout. Have a toddler who's into everything so cleanliness is important.

Fireplace didn't work on first night - called front desk and had it fixed on day 2.

Only one towel provided, again fixed by a call down to front desk, but not expected of a hotel in this price range.

Hot tub out of commission, which was the deciding factor between this and another hotel...would have picked the competitor if this was known.

Biggest issue was that there was no apologies from any of the folks here, including a manager that called to check up on our problems. Customer service needs to improve if they are expecting return guests. These issues were relatively minor, but with this service I'd be afraid if anything major were to happen during a stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for comments, your feedback is definitely appreciated. I do apologize for your experience and have passed along your comments to our team. Unfortunately the indoor/outdoor hot tub did require maintenance during your stay, which I apologize for! If you'd like to discuss your issues in more depth, please feel free to contact me at any time at 587-222-0700 or by email at brentb@bellstar.ca.

Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We love Canmore and the Grande Rockies Resort. They have a fantastic pool area with water slide, kids pool and indoor/outdoor hot tub. Often pool areas with slides have little room for anything else, this pool is not like that. We had a one bedroom suite with full kitchen, BBQ on the patio so if you want you can cook for yourselves, although the restaurants in Canmore are incredible. We love the Valbella butcher shop where you can buy all sorts of specialty items and bring them back.

The whole family loved the shower, very cool. Multijets, radio, steam options and remote. The shower alone would have our family come back.

We've been here several times and always had great service, We've stayed elsewhere in Canmore but feel the location and value of the Grande Rockies is perfect. You can walk to downtown, the new Canmore rec centre. With the underground parking you don't need to worry about your vehicle or in the winter having to thaw it out.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our property! I'm glad to hear you had a fantastic experience. The showers are definitely a big hit with our guests! We are very fortunate to have so many wonderful dining options in Canmore but if you want to stay in and cook, our full kitchens definitely allow you to do so! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We reserved rooms for our daughters wedding and were very disappointed. The rooms are very small, tired, air conditioning completely non functional..Prior to the wedding we drove to Canmore and found the staff to be very unhelpful and combative to any reasonable requests regarding check in times. We had to subsequently follow up with hotel management. We also had a wedding guest who was unable to use her Groupon coupon. We put a do not disturb sign on the door but were still awakened early. Extremely small bathroom with a complicated shower that needed a users manual (It actually needs a remote control to function ????-) subsequently we did not get a shower

It was annoying to find out that they charge $15 per day resort fee which is basically a sneaky money grab. The Grande Rockies Resort is neither grand nor is it a resort. !!!.

Room Tip: There are better hotel options in Canmore and watch any coupons with this resort.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Grande Rockies Resort? Share your experiences!