“Great place to take your family!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay Again Online Offer
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Canmore
“Great place to take your family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. LOVED the showers. My favorite part of the room. Beds were very comfortable. The pool was awesome. My young children had a blast in the kiddie pool and the indoor/outdoor hot tub was very cool. Ordered room service and it came promptly and was very delicious. The staff was pleasant to deal with. My only minor complaint is the rooms show slight wear and tear. Could use a fresh coat of paint to freshen it up. But this would not deter me from coming again. In fact, we are planning another trip next month!

• Stayed October 2014
GrandeRockiesResort, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, in particular the fantastic showers! Our pool area is a great place for the whole family to relax! Thank you for choosing to come back next month, we are looking forward to hosting you!

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If you are looking to spend a weekend away that's not to far from home, not only is Canmore a good choice but this hotel in Canmore is the perfect choice. It's walking distance from shops, and not far from the main street. We were on the main floor which was convenient with kids. The pool was a short walk away. Also being on the backside on the main floor, we didn't have people driving by our room, and it was easy to take the dog for a walk. The rooms were great. Having a full kitchen meant we could go to the grocery store to get things we could cook. I recommend bringing your own coffee for the machine in the room, the one they provide was not strong enough! All in all, it was a great weekend, and the hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: The main floor is convenient for families or pets. You don't have to be running up and down to g...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,
First, thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I am truly glad you enjoyed our fantastic location in town! The full kitchen in each suite is definitely convenient for guests that want to do their own cooking or they do have the option to let our fantastic chefs at Habitat Restaurant do the cooking for them! Again, thank you for taking the time to pass along your comments!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Staying at a few Canmore resorts in the last few months I am understanding the staffing challenges the region is having. The suites were spacious with a great lay out. The rooms were realatively clean but I have seen way worse in Canmore. The showers were fantastic and easy to use. As for the amenities the pool was great for the kids they really enjoyed themselves on the kiddy slide and on the larger water slide for the older kids. The hot tub was great for the adults wanting to relax with a nice outdoor feature after a long day. Would recommend this resort for families looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Calgary.

• Stayed October 2014
GrandeRockiesResort, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am glad you and your family enjoyed the pool area, and the fantastic showers! It's always nice to look out your window and see our gorgeous view of the three sisters as you enjoy a break from the city!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Just got back from this hotel last evening. I want to start this review by saying positives: The resort location to downtown was superb. The front desk was very efficient for the most part. The presentation of this hotel was very nice. The suite we were in was built very nice, and tastefully decorated with very comfortable, clean linen beds, and amazing steam/Jacuzzi tub and shower.
The negatives: Dirty. Had to change our first room due to the caked, dust everywhere. The hallways were filthy due to lack of vacuuming. The elevator was tired and needed a thorough cleaning. I would not want to entertain guests in my suite due to the hallway, elevator alone.
When we were upgraded to a suite (for an extra cost of course, which is unfair when the room you book is unsanitary), the main floor reeked of cigarette smoke. The smoke smell reached our front door area, fortunately the suite was large enough that our bedrooms were unaffected.
Could not get the wifi password, despite repeated promises to call us back with one.
Living room TV was unhooked from dvd player, and my husband had to request the cable box be placed back so that we could watch TV.
Wanted to order room service, there was no book in our room, so had to request THAT also. (AT this point, we were getting tired and self-conscious asking for the necessities we paid for).
Room service menu had to be replaced three times, and we were asked to "throw out" the menu we tried to order from. Restaurant manager finally brought us a current menu and apologized for the inconvenience and brought us two bottles of water as there was of course, nothing in our room, at no charge.
Called back to room service to order our dinner (which was very tasty indeed), and were hung up on, by someone on the other end of the phone obviously in a huge rush. My husband actually had to call back just to confirm they actually took our dinner order, and he got abruptly rushed off the phone and hung up on.
I also ordered a 7 am pot of coffee to our room, which of course never came. I had to order it again the following morning, and they charged $12.00 plus delivery and 17% PLUS gratuity. Wow....
Finally, the room service burgers did arrive (rather quickly) by a very rushed man. I empathized and to be polite, asked him if it was very busy for his shift in the restaurant that evening. He asked us if we were told the wait was 45 minutes. We answered yes, and we understood they were busy, and expressed our surprise at just how quickly we received our order. I was promptly informed, that we should have "walked down the hall" and we would have received our burgers within "15 minutes" of ordering. I was in a bathrobe, and my husband was rather tired from his business meetings that day. How rude. I have since learned there is a huge service staffing shortage in Canmore, which would explain the lack of upkeep and cleaning. I would NOT recommend this Resort to my fellow Tripadvisor users who have helped me immensely with their honest recommendations over the years.
Final add on, the housekeeping staff (we stayed two nights) literally did very little. Bed made, toilet paper folded, and room service tray taken, but coffee cups and pot left, no dusting, bathtubs and showers not even wiped. Just a FYI.

Room Tip: Stay off first floor, there was cigarette smoke everywhere.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
GrandeRockiesResort, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,
First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback in regards to your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear of the challenges that you faced during your visit to our property and I encourage you to please contact me directly at 403-679-5211 or by email at brentb@bellstar.ca to discuss them in greater detail.

By no means are the situations you detailed reflective of the standards of the Grande Rockies Resort so I again apologize for the short comings you experienced. I am glad you did find the location convenient and enjoyed the fantastic showers! Please feel free to contact me at any time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I loved the views, I loved the suite we had wonderful amenities gorgeous fireplace, didn't care for the sliding bathroom door that didn't lock, or the faulty multipurpose electronic massage shower but what really bugged me was the doors getting into the rooms, you have to open one door to get to another door and the neighbors do the same making for a loud night if they're coming and going
otherwise I highly recommend Canmore's Grande Rockies Resort!

• Stayed December 2013
GrandeRockiesResort, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest:
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room and the stunning views of the area. I am very sorry to hear that you had issues with your shower and the noise from the outside door. If you would like to discuss these further, please feel free to contact me at anytime by email at brentb@bellstar.ca or on my direct line at 403-679-5211. Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to pass along your comments and concerns.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grande Rockies Resort? Share your experiences!