“Nice Stay in the Boutique Section” 4 of 5 stars

Grande Rockies Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Mountain Street, Canmore, Alberta T1W 0C9, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Canmore
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Nice Stay in the Boutique Section”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Enjoyed our two night stay in the Boutique portion of the hotel. Room wasn't overly large, but it was spacious enough. NIce king size bed, comfy pillows, good-sized bathroom with rainforest shower.

We booked for a combo stay/dog-sledding which included a $100 credit at the Habitat restaurant.

I would have given the hotel a 5, but it was quite the pain booking. I called 5 or 6 times, never able to get through, and after leaving couple of messages with my cellphone number, no one ever called me back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GRRSales, Guest Relations Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. We receive lots of great feedback on our guestroom beds and rainforest showers! The Habitat Restaurant & Lounge portion of this package is always a great compliment to an afternoon of dog sledding! Thank you for letting us know about your booking challenges, we will follow up within our team.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next trip to Canmore.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We had family in from PEI over the Family Day weekend and our place was too small so we booked a room here for everyone. It was fantastic - they have these 1 & 2 bedroom suites that join to create one space - it was perfect for us.

My nieces LOVED the waterslide and pool area!! Two of the nights we returned and cooked right in our suite, it is fully stocked and the BBQ is a great addition. The third night we ate in the lounge, Habitat, what a great night! Amazing drinks!!

Overall the place was very clean, close by everything and the staff were super friendly. They even hooked us up with s'mores kits for the outside firepit. Can't wait to spend Christmas here with the entire family!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. Our pool area is always a hit for the young and the young at heart! Habitat Restaurant & Lounge does have a fabulous cocktail menu – the Dragon Slayers are a local favorite.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next trip to Canmore.

Dresden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grande Rockies Resort in a 1-bedroom suite and we loved the whole atmosphere and style of the resort. We checked in on a Friday and even though it was a weekend, we were able to check in early at 2:30pm (instead of originally 4pm). The Front Desk staff was super friendly and gave us a nice little overview of all the amenities. Once we got to our room, it was very need, clean and everything we expected from the pictures. The Shower was our personal highlight!!! We only stayed two nights but we were able to experience recommended pool area as well as room service from restaurant on site which was both fantastic. Would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. I am glad to hear you had a lovely stay while visiting. Our showers are a favorite and am pleased to hear they were your personal highlight!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to stay here for 1 night during a work trip and wish I had stayed longer. The rooms are spacious and well furnished, with all amenities required, including an iron and board. Wouldn't hesitate recommending it, as it is close to all activities, summer or winter!
I give it a high plus!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay while visiting and thanks for the High Plus!

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family stayed here this past weekend in a two bedroom suite. The layout of the room was perfect for our family. The master bed had a king sized bed and an ensuite with a fun steam shower system. Second bedroom was equipped with a queen sized bed which worked out well for our daughter. The kitchen had everything we needed and the living space was comfortable. There was a nice outdoor area with a bbq for our use too.

The pool area was great and relatively clean. The restaurant, Habitat, was super tastey and they were really good with getting food out to our 3 year old quickly which is always appreciated.

Now for the bad...we started off in room 322 which faces the highway (had we known what room view meant when we booked it we certainly would not have choosen this option). The traffic on the highway was visible from our room and it kept us up all night :( We were able to switch rooms in the morning and were placed in room 121. This room was even more spactious then the first and didn't have the traffic noise...but it was still extremely noisy. We could hear the elevator, kids running up and down the hall, and I assume the sound of the shower in the suite above or beside us. It is really too bad they didn't do a better job of sound proofing as it is a really nicely laid out room and the resort amenities are wonderful. I want to give this resort a higher rating, but as a family with sleep issues, it was a tough go.

Room Tip: ask for something not facing the highway or close to an elevator!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and providing a review on your past stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and knowing how we are doing. Habitat Restaurant is always a must for visitors to Canmore and yes, the food is super tasty!

Thank you again for providing your feedback about your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future. Please let us know when booking your next stay with us and we will assign a quiet room for you.

Cranbrook, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am an I Prefer member this resort is part of the I Prefer family. I was not recognized as an I Prefer member at all, I brought it up and asked if I should write down my number, the check in staff did not care either way, she said if you want to write it down sure go ahead? We were not offered a free upgrade, but the place was full so, that this was understandable, however they could have mentioned that. We stayed in a king boutique room, (which is not in the main building- we were in room 287 at the end of the corridor. We could hear everything, , the building has 3 floors, we could hear people above us walking around in the middle of the night, when they were just going to the bathroom, we could also hear everything that went on in the hallway- it's like the walls were made of paper) the bed was nice and comfy. The bathroom is small, no tub, shower which was very nice. The toilets are very low to the floor, so if you have issues bending down they are not very user friendly. (I have seen toilets like this, they are for kids they usually have them in the family rooms in shopping centres) and really no vanity to speak of. Nice tile flooring. No mini fridge in the room, no iron or ironing board either, we were there for a wedding, if I had known there was not an iron, I would have packed along an iron. We did not eat at the Resort.... it was way to EXPENSIVE! There was no room for parking, we saw an employee and asked where we could park, he said we should go back to the main building and ask them to key our card so we could use the underground parking. Well they could not key our card, but gave us another key that they drew a felt pen dot on and told us to use that card to access the parkade. Not sure why they did not just do this for us at check in, there were many cars that were parked off in a field? We were missing a coffee cup in our room, the hallways were just dirty and needed vaccuming. The room did have a Keurig which was nice. I guess I just expected more from an I Prefer resort. Check out was fast and easy. Vanessa waited on me at the reception and she did a great job! I would not stay here again, the Resort fees, drink prices and food prices were huge! I would find some other place to stay in Canmore. I thought $6.50 for a beer was pretty expensive!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building in the suites if you are planning on staying here. They were very beautifu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GRRSales, Guest Relations Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your previous stay at our resort. I do apologize that your experience was not what was expected.

Again, thank you for posting your feedback and looking forward to speaking with you directly.

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in a two Bedroom Deluxe King, queen and sofa sleeper with Full Kitchen - (2 adults, 3 children). Check in was friendly and quick. We did require a crib and this was not in our room and needed to wait until quite late for it to show up (well past our youngest's bedtime!)

We arrived later in the day and needed to feed the kids. The hotel restaurant was extremely accommodating last minute with kids and catered to our needs. Lovely meal and frankly the best part of our 4 night stay.

We took advantage of the extra charge s'mores cookout fire pit. We were told to just come down and it would all be ready. Waited 25 minutes for a box of s'more ingredients....kids were wanting to go to bed by then. Nice staff came out to give our kids blankets though! Again, had the potential to be great....but not organized.

The rooms were fabulous, amazing shower systems, comfortable beds, full kitchen, BBQ on balcony...everything you would need. Was relatively clean, dust in corners and along floors. Some broken kitchen cabinets...starting to show some age. However, the safe was not working. We requested assistance and were told someone would be in the following morning to do so. We waited around the next day and no show, called and were told it would be done by end of the day. When we returned after a full day and no one had fixed the safe we were again told it would be done, but no one showed up! So, by day 3 of this they finally came clean and said they were having an issue with all hotel safes and would not be able to fix the problem by the time we left. No apologies for inconveniencing us 3 days! The manager told us they would compensate a night stay. Upon check out this was not done, only the hotel daily fee. We were very disappointed with our stay, not because the safe wasn't working, but for the dishonesty and lack of integrity. It seemed to have so much potential, but fell short with inept, inexperienced and no clear leadership from management. To top it all off when we arrived home we were fully charged twice for our stay. As we used a rewards program for our booking this was fully paid before we even stayed. To come home to a full charge on our credit card a month after a poor stay was icing on the cake. We were told it would be taken care of and after 2 weeks it was not. I did find a helpful rep at the hotel that did correct everything, but it took over a month!! Again another example of incompetence. Never again will we stay here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your previous stay at our resort. I do apologize that your experience was not what was expected, however, am pleased to hear you enjoyed Habitat Restaurant.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you at a time that works best for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 403.679.5218 or nicole.cooper@granderockies.com. I am confident that I can address your concerns and your perception of the quality and service that my team strives for each and every day.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Grande Rockies Resort? Share your experiences!