“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 32 hotels in Canmore
Toronto, ON
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Grande Rockies twice and have loved it both times. Friendly staff, very clean, nice rooms with lots of space. We ate at the Habitat Restaurant during one of our stays and the food was great...Good presentation and very tasty.
Will definitely go back and highly recommend this property to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GRRSales, Guest Relations Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Grande Rockies Resort,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and knowing how we, as a team, are performing.

I am please to hear that loved both visits to our resort, we agree, our colleagues are very friendly and our rooms offer lots of space. Habitat Restaurant is definitely a must for visitors to Canmore!

Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next trip to Canmore.

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

loved our 2 bedroom suite. The furniture setup was kind of annoying, I can see why (to make pulling out the bed easier) but in terms of cozy gathering not the best setup. Also couldnt enjoy the warmth of the fire as you couldnt get the couches close enough.
This could be that one suite and that it was furnished independently, but I dont think so...that being said, the furnishings were lovely and quality looking. Beds were comfortable, I even liked the robes. The whole pool situation was a bit of a bacteria splash, but then again, not sure if you should ever expect better...did take a ride on the slide, smooth and fast, I bet kids would love it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Grande Rockies Resort,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. I appreciate hearing from our guests and knowing how we are performing.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the amenities that we offer, especially the waterslide.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next trip to Canmore.

High River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

beautiful rooms friendly staff. enough said.the modern decor is amazing the showers are...well you have to try them for yourself. the food was top notch. I recomend the first floor, just for the extra patio space.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GRRSales, Guest Relations Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and knowing how our team is performing. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of the hotels amenities. Our showers are amazing, we receive lots of great feedback on them and Habitat Restaurant is wonderful. So many choices that would suit most everyone.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back The Grande Rockies Resort on your next trip to Canmore.

Wetaskiwin, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our two night stay at the Grande Rockies Resort started off on the right foot. The front desk staff were very pleasant and easily accommodated our request for an early check in. Our room was very clean and, to my surprise, very quite. Our room faced the highway; with all doors closed I could hardly hear the traffic sounds. Our 1-bedroom suite was very spacious and the kitchen was clean, bright, and modern. The steam shower was fantastic! Our suite had a bbq on the balcony, which didn't look like it had been cleaned after its last use. Housekeeping missed us on the second day, and when we brought it to the front desk's attention they apologized and said they'd address it with the manager. While we didn't want the room cleaned at that time, we did want new towels. The front desk advised we'd get the towels, but sadly they never arrived. Again on check out we raised this with the front desk who were apologetic but not very responsive.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't directly above the underground garage. We heard from another couple th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GRRSales, Guest Relations Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and knowing how our team is performing. I am glad to hear you found our suites to be spacious and clean. Our steam showers are fantastic and we receive lots of positive feedback on them. I do apologize that you did experience some shortfalls during your stay with us including your concerns regarding our Front Desk. Our team works very hard at providing a high level product and service every day and we will strive to achieve this with every guest.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your stay at 403.679.5218 or nicole.cooper@granderockies.com.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Calgary, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Grande Rockies Resort for two nights January 18 - 20th 2013. This was our second stay at this resort in two years.

We chose to return to this resort for our weekend mountain get-away from the city for a few reasons: we had been here before and had had a marvellous time, we knew it had a fantastic swimming area for our young children (aged 2 and 4), and it offered a 2 bedroom condo for a reasonable rate, also perfect for our young children. They have their bedroom, we have ours. Everyone sleeps! Horrah!

To keep it short this was a great weekend and the resort had everything a young family could ask for - a great swimming pool with water slides and indoor/outdoor hot tub, a kitchen fully stocked with dishes, utensils, etc., and two bedrooms and two full baths so everyone had their own space and were comfortable. It is located near shopping and close to Banff for day trips.

However having stayed here before we were able to gauge this resort with some previous experience... we noticed that in only two years the place has begun to show a lot of wear and tear. The fixtures have begun to show signs of age already, perhaps purchased cheaply or poorly installed, but trim on shelving in the kitchen, shelves in the bathrooms, even the soap dispenser in the pool area have begun to crack, partially come away from the walls, and come apart. The floors were quite dirty in our suite, and our socks were grimy within the first few minutes (whatever happened to using a good old fashioned mop and bucket!? This spray and wipe approach to cleaning floors is just not doing the trick!). The flooring colour they chose has begun to show scratches and nicks. And, last but not least, they have chosen the absolute most uncomfortable furniture for the living room on the planet. Leather throw cushions? What?

The staff is warm and welcoming. The beds are comfortable. Loads of clean linens and towels. WiFi, great. DVD player and flat screen TV's. Good channel selection. I just wish that they had been able to maintain that same level of WOW! AWESOME! that we had experienced there only two years ago. At this rate without preventative intervention, the place will quickly begin to decline in only a matter of months, unfortunately.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your past stay at our resort. I appreciate hearing from our guests and knowing how our team is performing. I am glad that you returned to our resort for your past getaway. However I do apologize that your experience was not quite the same as your first visit with us. I can ensure you that our teams focus is on maintaining our guest rooms and we do have a thorough preventative maintenance program in place to ensure quality is top notch. I understand that your perception of our resorts quality is different and would like the opportunity to discuss this in further detail with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your stay at 403.679.5201 or jason.guyitt@granderockies.com.
Again, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to speaking with you directly.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

No major issues with our stay however the minor issues added up resulting in a poor experience. The floors were filthy, walls paper thin, clogged sink, and no hot water in the morning for a shower. When checking out I tried telling the front desk staff about our experience but was blown off. No apology for the inability to have a shower. Good location but nothing else positive to say.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. I do apologize that your experience was not what was expected. I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you at a time that works best for you. Please do not hesistate to contact me directly at 403.679.5201 or jason.guyitt@granderockies.com. I am confident that I can address your concerns have change your perception of the quality and service that my team strives for each and every day.
Again, thank you for posting your feedback and looking forward to speaking with you directly.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were there for a 2 night stay but had to leave after one night because our kid got sick. They did not charge us the second night eventhough we didn't give them 24 h notice. We had a one bedroom suite, it was a tight squeeze to get the playpen to fit in the room with the king size bed. The living room and kitchen was spacious. The shower was a little hi-tech for me, but I am sure others would enjoy it if they know how to work it. The swimming pool was nice but the water in the toddler area was a bit cold for our kid. For $149/night, it was definitely good value. Would definitely come back for a longer visit in the summer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us over the holiday season. I am sorry to hear that you had to cut your stay short. I am happy that we were able to assist you on the second night and not have to charge you for this. When instances like this arise our team is very understanding of those circumstances and will work towards accomodating this. I am glad that while you were at the resort you enjoyed the resort and our amenities. I do apologize that your perception was that the kiddie pool was below proper temperature. Our engineering team does periodic tests throughout the day to ensure temperatures are set and maintained, and anything below that standard, our team reacts to this immediately.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next visit to Canmore.
Grande Rockies Resort

Been to Grande Rockies Resort? Share your experiences!