We stayed at the Grande Rockies Resort for two nights January 18 - 20th 2013. This was our second stay at this resort in two years.
We chose to return to this resort for our weekend mountain get-away from the city for a few reasons: we had been here before and had had a marvellous time, we knew it had a fantastic swimming area for our young children (aged 2 and 4), and it offered a 2 bedroom condo for a reasonable rate, also perfect for our young children. They have their bedroom, we have ours. Everyone sleeps! Horrah!
To keep it short this was a great weekend and the resort had everything a young family could ask for - a great swimming pool with water slides and indoor/outdoor hot tub, a kitchen fully stocked with dishes, utensils, etc., and two bedrooms and two full baths so everyone had their own space and were comfortable. It is located near shopping and close to Banff for day trips.
However having stayed here before we were able to gauge this resort with some previous experience... we noticed that in only two years the place has begun to show a lot of wear and tear. The fixtures have begun to show signs of age already, perhaps purchased cheaply or poorly installed, but trim on shelving in the kitchen, shelves in the bathrooms, even the soap dispenser in the pool area have begun to crack, partially come away from the walls, and come apart. The floors were quite dirty in our suite, and our socks were grimy within the first few minutes (whatever happened to using a good old fashioned mop and bucket!? This spray and wipe approach to cleaning floors is just not doing the trick!). The flooring colour they chose has begun to show scratches and nicks. And, last but not least, they have chosen the absolute most uncomfortable furniture for the living room on the planet. Leather throw cushions? What?
The staff is warm and welcoming. The beds are comfortable. Loads of clean linens and towels. WiFi, great. DVD player and flat screen TV's. Good channel selection. I just wish that they had been able to maintain that same level of WOW! AWESOME! that we had experienced there only two years ago. At this rate without preventative intervention, the place will quickly begin to decline in only a matter of months, unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta