This is a tough one to review. The resort is nicely appointed on the inside. High quality finishes make it very welcoming.
I spent 3 days at this resort, and because it was December, was subject to the higher room rates which is to be expected for Christmas/travel time.
Very courteous welcome and reception by the front desk concierge. They are all smiles and positive energy. Very nice first impression. They are polite as they explain the amenities of the property and direct you to the heated underground parkade, giving you tips on where to park to minimize your walk to the correct elevator for your room.
The front desk was very accommodating throughout our stay. We required a corkscrew in our room, and it was immediately dispatched without delay. A positive sign in any hotel these days.
The steam showers are a welcome touch. Because of the two bedroom room, you receive both a tub/steam shower combo and a separate steam shower in the en suite. Rooms were very clean and seemed to be well maintained. I have heard of other rooms starting to show their age but I couldn't see very many signs of that in our room. Possibly just a lower traffic room or had been freshened up.
The kitchen is stocked with most of the things you would need or want to make your stay enjoyable. Grande Rockies Resort puts more trust in it's guests than some hotels/resorts do that charge twice the price.
My one complaint has nothing to do with the staff or the room, but the build quality. The walls adjacent to the hallways, and perhaps all the walls, are very thin. Noise from other guests permeates the room quite easily, to the point of being able to hear a conversation, word for word, outside of your room. Yes, you can also hear the tv in the room next. Fortunately those were the only bedroom sounds that came through the walls during our stay.
We sampled multiple items from the menu to try and get a good selection. The pizza is a good choice, also the Spicy Curry Chicken Fusilli is tasty. Food was delivered promptly and hot, even during late hours.
Will the Grande Rockies Resort blow your socks off? If you're a seasoned traveler, than no. But it's not trying to, that's the beauty. It's not a 3 dressed up like a 9, it's more of a 7 dressed up like a 9. Decent feel, upgraded finishes at a semi-reasonable rate. Good for a low key trip to the Rockies without leaving the nicer things of home. Grande Rockies Resort is a series of hits with a few, minor misses, but then again what isn't. The room rate is fair, but is at the top of the range for a resort with it's look and feel. Time will tell if it's fit and finish hold up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort – a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 boutique, one and two bedroom luxury hotel suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel & restaurant professionals capable of handling any request.Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre.Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists and culinary experts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort Canmore, Alberta