“Amazing Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 32 hotels in Canmore
Ontario
“Amazing Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This beautiful hotel is tucked away in the small town of Canmore, located within the Canadian Rockies just south of Banff National Park. The hotel is situated across two buildings and in my opinion, offers affordable, modern and clean accommodations. The key winner for me was the excellent customer service offered by Terry-Lynn and Aaron! Both excellent representatives of the hotel and eager to make sure that I was satisfied. Thanks for all your help, you two!

The hotel offers free parking/internet. The rooms are very modern and most overlook the mountains. The bathrooms are amazing! My tip would be to splurge on a suite in the main building. They are unbelievable! The suite that I was upgraded to had a full living room with fireplace, complete kitchen, separate bedroom, washer/drive and modern bathroom with an unbelievable shower system.

I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was lovely!

I must disclose that I did have an incident with a faulty light bulb/fixture in the original room assigned to me, however, the staff were unbelievably accommodating and eager to make things right! Excellent customer service!

I would recommend this property and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a suite in the main building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Grande Rockies. I appreciate hearing back from our guests and knowing how our team is performing. I appreciate hearing the fact that you found our service levels to be amazing and that my team was able to make a difference during your stay.
Again, thank you for your posting and we look forward to having you back to the Grande Rockies on your next visit through Canmore.

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife had meetings at this hotel for the week so I went to meet her for the weekend, the room is not a room, its a condo. Every comfort of home was there, the bed was extremely comfortable, the staff were very friendly and helpful and seemed like they were happy to be working. The restaurant is amazing the atmosphere and the food were unbelievable, there were 6 of us for dinner and every one of us was amazed by the amount and quality and presentation of the food. We had two vehicles and wanted to leave one for an extra night well we continued are vacation; staff did not even hesitate and were very helpful. I feel like I have travelled a lot and have no hesitation on giving this a 5 star. I am amazed that this hotel is in my back yard so to speak and is truly world class. Way more than just a place to crash on your next ski trip.

Room Tip: all very good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your past stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing back from our guests and we do value your opinion on your experience. I am glad to hear that your stay was more than you expected and that you found our employees to be helfpul and engaged. Our committment is to deliver the best service to all our guests and it is great to hear when we are doing so.
Again, thank you very much for your feedback and rating the Grande Rockies a 5 star resort. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Canmore.
Carstairs, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed for one night in a 2 bedroom luxury suite. It had all we could need for a family of six. The full kitchen and BBQ were nice to be able to prepare some of our own meals.
As we stayed on a Sunday, we were able to get an early check in and late check out, with no problem.
After a few small mishaps with our room, that the staff was quick to fix, we were sent a gift basket with s'more fixings to make that night. They built us a campfire outside and we enjoyed our treat.
The pool area was great for the kids. Our kids range in age, so some wanted to lay in the kiddie pool and others on the water slide. The indoor/outdoor hot tub is great! Unfortunately it was being maintained the second day and was unusable.
We would most likely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. I appreciate you sharing your experience with our team. I apologize that there were a couple of small mishaps but glad that my team was able to address these immediately for you and make you feel comfortable for the remainder of your stay. It is great that your family was able to enjoy the pool facalities do however apologize for the closure during your stay for our regular scheduled maintenance that we are required to perform.
I appreciate hearing from our guests and knowing how we are doing and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next visit to Canmore.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautiful property, lovely details and amenities. Very modern decor. Extremely quiet hotel at this time of year. Booked through Travelocity.ca and we were upgraded when we requested it to a semi-view room (highway and north mountains) at no extra charge. Would definitely stay again.
The Happy Hour discounted drinks and appy's were phenomenal! Excellent food and wine. Canmore is a nice little getaway for us, just 4 hours from Edmonton. Spent one afternoon at Banff, which is about a 15 minute drive west. No need to stay there, we were happy to get back to our luxurious suite in Canmore.

Room Tip: Just ask to see what they have available. Expect to pay additional $40 per night for a view of the 3...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing from you on your experience at the Grande Rockies. I am glad to hear that you found our resort to be a beautiful property and well appointed and that you took advantage of our daily happy hour pricing in Habitat Restaurant and Bar. I agree with you, Canmore is a great getaway and a great spot to get some rest and relaxation.
Thank you again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have recently booked a room at the Grand Rockies resort for a weekend gettaway. The size, layout and view from the room was very impressive. The quality of the food served at the Grand Rockies Restaurant is world class and the service was fabulous. The only negative comment is in regards to the cleaning staff being very loud. Due to the layout of the suites, 1 door leads to 2 rooms. The cleaning cart stays in the main hallway so, all waste to be hauled out and cleaning nessessities coming in, the door is continuously slamming on the dead bolt. Very audible!
Appart from that hour long ordeal, is a wonderfull place to kick back, relax and enjoy the view and fine dining.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your past stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and able to share with our teams so they know how they are doing. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to kick back and relax. I am glad you took advantage of our award winning Habitat Restaurant and both quality of food and service exceeded your expection. I do aplogize that our housekeeping team were louder than normal accessing the r room beside you. I have spoken with our team to reslove this problem moving forward. Thank you for bring that to our attention.
Thanks again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to having you back to the Grande Rockies Resort on your next visit to Canmore.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Recently my husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and had booked the Boutique King Room. On check in I asked for a free upgrade and we were given the Luxery Suite with one King. The room was very large with a seperating living room from the bedroom. It was for the most part clean and the decor was very nice. The bathroom had very nice finishes though the shower was very small. My husband who is 6ft couldnt use the rain shower because he hit his head. There was also no hair dryer, so remember to pack yours. The living space was HUGE with a fireplace, TV, pull out sofa, 2 chairs and a desk. We had great views of the mountains but because the room faced the street it was a little loud and the train tracks across the street could be heard frequently. The bedroom was a good size with a king bed, TV, chair and one nightstand. The bed was very comfortable and I LOVED the pillows!

The downfall to being in the King suits was that you are in a seperate building that is 2 parking lots away from the main hotel. To get to the pool (great size, with seperate kids area and indoor/outdoor hot tub), gym (on the small side, lacks in weights but good cardio equipment) and other ammenities you need to walk outside. Being that it was October and a little chilly it made for a cool walk back after getting out of the pool.

The staff were very accomedating in getting us what we needed and answering any questions. Overall its a nice hotel and I would recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: If getting a King suite ask not to be on the side facing the road. Can hear alot of traffic and the...
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and posting a review on your past stay with us. We appreciate hearing from you and knowing how your stay was. I am glad tbat you had a great stay and that you were impressed with the layout of the room and the amenities in which we offer in our suites.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next visit to Canmore.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding, the room was stunning Clean and wheelchair accessible my son was able to wheel around the room,I have seen previous posts about the staff they were very helpful suggested good places to eat and at breakfast made something off the menu for my son. Will defiantly be back and will recommend it .

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. Our team appreciates hearing from our guests and knowing how we are performing. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to take care of all your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Canmore.
Jason Guyitt

Been to Grande Rockies Resort? Share your experiences!