“Very accomodating location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Mountain Street, Canmore, Alberta T1W 0C9, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 32 hotels in Canmore
“Very accomodating location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have recently booked a room at the Grand Rockies resort for a weekend gettaway. The size, layout and view from the room was very impressive. The quality of the food served at the Grand Rockies Restaurant is world class and the service was fabulous. The only negative comment is in regards to the cleaning staff being very loud. Due to the layout of the suites, 1 door leads to 2 rooms. The cleaning cart stays in the main hallway so, all waste to be hauled out and cleaning nessessities coming in, the door is continuously slamming on the dead bolt. Very audible!
Appart from that hour long ordeal, is a wonderfull place to kick back, relax and enjoy the view and fine dining.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your past stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and able to share with our teams so they know how they are doing. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to kick back and relax. I am glad you took advantage of our award winning Habitat Restaurant and both quality of food and service exceeded your expection. I do aplogize that our housekeeping team were louder than normal accessing the r room beside you. I have spoken with our team to reslove this problem moving forward. Thank you for bring that to our attention.
Thanks again for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to having you back to the Grande Rockies Resort on your next visit to Canmore.

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Recently my husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and had booked the Boutique King Room. On check in I asked for a free upgrade and we were given the Luxery Suite with one King. The room was very large with a seperating living room from the bedroom. It was for the most part clean and the decor was very nice. The bathroom had very nice finishes though the shower was very small. My husband who is 6ft couldnt use the rain shower because he hit his head. There was also no hair dryer, so remember to pack yours. The living space was HUGE with a fireplace, TV, pull out sofa, 2 chairs and a desk. We had great views of the mountains but because the room faced the street it was a little loud and the train tracks across the street could be heard frequently. The bedroom was a good size with a king bed, TV, chair and one nightstand. The bed was very comfortable and I LOVED the pillows!

The downfall to being in the King suits was that you are in a seperate building that is 2 parking lots away from the main hotel. To get to the pool (great size, with seperate kids area and indoor/outdoor hot tub), gym (on the small side, lacks in weights but good cardio equipment) and other ammenities you need to walk outside. Being that it was October and a little chilly it made for a cool walk back after getting out of the pool.

The staff were very accomedating in getting us what we needed and answering any questions. Overall its a nice hotel and I would recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: If getting a King suite ask not to be on the side facing the road. Can hear alot of traffic and the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and posting a review on your past stay with us. We appreciate hearing from you and knowing how your stay was. I am glad tbat you had a great stay and that you were impressed with the layout of the room and the amenities in which we offer in our suites.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next visit to Canmore.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding, the room was stunning Clean and wheelchair accessible my son was able to wheel around the room,I have seen previous posts about the staff they were very helpful suggested good places to eat and at breakfast made something off the menu for my son. Will defiantly be back and will recommend it .

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. Our team appreciates hearing from our guests and knowing how we are performing. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to take care of all your needs.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Canmore.
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at the Resort in mid-October, 2012. I reserved a room for a special rate and found on my arrival that my room was an the Annex, an older faciliity with an upgraded bathroom which was very nice. I asked for an ironing board and iron. The front desk clerk said he was the only person on duty at 6:30 am. He brought an iron but no ironing board - 45 minutes later. He was told by housekeeping that there were ironing boards somewhere in the Annex but he could not find them. When I returned at the end of the day: still no ironing board, no coffee cups or drink glasses, the bedside light did not work, the ice bucket still had water in it and only one large bath towel. There was no express check-out service requiring me to walk to the main building to pay my bill. I left a note for the manager... no appology, no adjustment on the bill. I won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay. On behalf of the resort I must apologize that you found our service not at the expectation it should be. We strive on a daily basis to be known as a service hotel and ensuring that we have our checks/balances in place to ensure this is apparant. I apologize for the communication breakdown and will be following up with our team to ensure this is corrected. I would like to have the opportuntiy to discuss your experience with you since you did not get the follow up while you were in the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 403.679.5201 or jason.guyitt@granderockies.com.
Again I apologize for the shortfall in the service you received while at the Grande Rockies and hope to be able welcome you back to experience the service levels that I know this team delivers on a daily basis.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were in the middle of a month trip and stayed here for one week. It was just what we needed to relax and stay in one place. Time to unpack our bags, do laundry and still get out to see the beautiful country around. The staff was very friendly and eager to help. I would suggest this option for anyone spending time in the southern half of the Canadian rockies.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you were able to stay with us for an extended period and that you were able to relax and get unpacked. I am glad that our staff were helpful and assisted where they could. I hope you have enjoyed the remainder of your trip and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip through Canmore.
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were at the Grande Rockies for a wedding and the hotel was a pleasant surprise! The suite was spacious, modern and fully equipped and the showers were to die for! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and took care of our every needs. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool and my husband and I could not get enough of the waterslide. We were also able to dine at the in house restaurant and were met with great food and service. And the location of the hotel couldn't be beat. It was right off the highway and a 5 minute walk into town. When I return back to Canmore, I will definitely be staying at the Grande Rockies.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. I appreciate hearing from our guests and knowing how we are performing. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the amenities that we offer, especially the waterslide.
Thanks again for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Grande Rockies on your next trip to Canmore.
kelowna, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

First of all, the rooms were nice and well stocked. Our room had a full kitchen and the showers were great! Having said that, they are very beat up and run down - obviously this plays has some big parties in the rooms. I would be nervous about staying here on a weekend during the ski season.

Location was very good - just off the highway and easy to walk to whatever you need.

Definitely skip the restaurant downstairs, the food was not very good at all.

Staff were very unhelpful and uninformed. We ran into 4 or 5 separate staff members who could not answer simple questions about the hotel's services or help us with what I would call very normal or simple requests.

With so many other good options for accommodations in Canmore, I would not stay here again unless the price was way lower than anything else available.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get stuck in the back with a room on the highway. Very loud!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GRRSales, General Manager at Grande Rockies Resort, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Grande Rockies Resort Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our resort. I appreciate hearing back from our guests and knowing how we are performing. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms and that they met your needs. Your comment that our rooms are run down and to avoid coming here during ski season is not the perception that we want you or any guest to have about us. We perform regular maintenance inside all our guest rooms to ensure they are up to the highest standard and our resort is a great option for a ski getaway weekend.
I do however apologize for the shortfall in service levels and your experience in our restaurant. I would like the opportunity to receive more details from you on both accounts, so that we can correct those concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jason.guyitt@granderockies.com or 403.679.520.
Thanks again for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us and I look forward to speaking with you.
Jason Guyitt

Been to Grande Rockies Resort? Share your experiences!