“Yamnuska Scrambling Skills course” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 38 Activities in Canmore
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Canada's premier mountain school and mountain guiding company. located in Canmore, Alberta we offer ice climbing, rock climbing, mountaineering, skiing and avalanche courses. We do day trips as well as multi day programs.
“Yamnuska Scrambling Skills course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great course, learned a lot about planning, routefinding and movement skills for scrambling. Course logistics were excellent and our guide was top notch. I was very fortunate to be on course with just one other person, so the resulting guide:client ratio of 1:2 was terrific for learning. My 3rd course with Yamnuska and I will likely take at least one more in future.

Visited July 2014

Edmonton, Canada
“Yoho Peaks Mountaineering!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just returned from Yamnuska's Yoho Peaks trip - three nights and four days to hike some of the higher/glaciated peaks around Stanley Mitchell Hut in Yoho NP. The highlight was hiking up a glacier at night and seeing the sun rise from the top of The President, over 10,000 feet high. What a way to start Canada Day!

I'd done several previous courses with our guide, James Madden, and it was great to have another chance to learn from and experience the Rockies with him. His willingness to think a bit 'outside the box' to give us a chance at summitting the President resulted in a very memorable experience.

From the office staff to the guides, everyone at Yamnuska really goes above & beyond to be helpful and make the outdoor experience special. In particular, I've found that Yamnuska brings a very personal touch to the outdoors course/trip experience, from gracious answering questions about gear & trips/courses, to checking schedules in order to allow clients to select trips with specific guides and to having a fabulous in-house kitchen to prepare great mountain meals.

Visited July 2014
“Multi-pitch Climbing Course - Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My friends and I recently participated in Yamnuska's new multi-pitch climbing course in Canmore. Everything about this course was excellent, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in getting into multi-pitch climbing. Our guide, Jason Billing, was a wonderful instructor, and by the end of the two-day course we felt very confident that we could begin to tackle some 5.9/5.10 pitches in the rockies. If you take this course, I would recommend having had some lead climbing and rappelling experience so that you can spend less time on the basics of climbing and more time on the logistics of multi-pitch. Happy climbing!

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Yamnuska - Bow To Yoho - Backcountry Ski Traverse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

6 days traverse from Bow to Yoho, with lots of backcountry skiing. One night at Bow Hut, one night camp, three nights at Stanley Mitchell Hut. This is a challenging trip, especially with the forecasted avalanche conditions.
The Yamnuska guides (Jesse and Craig) were exceptional, it’s fair to say that the trip exceeded my expectations. I will definitely go in more trips organized and guided by Yamnuska.

Visited March 2014
“Ice evolution course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I did the 5 day Ice evolution course and it was awesome. The course was adapted and tailored to our skill level as a group. I got more than I expected out of the course and am really happy with where my skills have progressed. Our guide Brent was fantastic and did an excellent job of selecting climbs and areas that were not hotspots for crowds. We almost always had the entire crag to ourselves. Fantastic experience.

Visited March 2014