“The highlight of my winter” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 38 Activities in Canmore
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small family-owned and operated Sled Dog Touring company running dogsled tours out of Canmore, AB in the Kananaskis Provincial Park adjacent to Banff National Park. We have been in operation for 15 years with the British Army our main client. We run 2-hour, Half-Day, and Full-Day. This year we have opened our Kennel for tours during the summer season so we can offer family-dog adventures year round. We specialize in smaller groups and encourage involvement so you can experience dogsledding like a real musher.
Calgary, Canada
“The highlight of my winter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

The highlight of this past winter for me had to be the half day dog sled adventure that me and my husband went on. It was the most beautiful day, blue skies and nothing but white snow. We did the trip with Mad Dogs and Englishmen and it was amazing. It is a smaller company so the group of us that went out was small, us and another couple, which was great. We got to help out, ask lots of questions, spend time with the dogs and everything. It is amazing how strong the dogs are, the guides really take good care of the dogs, they want to make sure that the dogs and the guests have a good time.

I would really recommend the half day trip which takes you from first being on the lake with amazing views to being in the trees where some snow drifts and turns can be a great adventure.

This is a trip that everyone should go on!!!

Thanks again Mad Dogs and Englishmen!

Visited March 2012

“What an amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

I tried both the Ski Jouring and Dog Sledding and found both amazing. Unlike anything you will ever do!! Both were physically challenging and require strength and determination but it was completely worthwhile. Two great instructors who were very friendly and enjoyable to be with. They gave clear instructions and ensured we made the most of the experience while keeping ourselves and the dogs safe. A definate must do whilst in Canada!!!!!

Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Super Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Last week me and my friends did a half day trip called: mount Nestor

Mad Dogs and Englishman is a smaller kennel compared to others in the area, which for me is a good thing, its not all about making money but its about giving the costumer a great day and getting them involved in the all the tasks around the sledding in a relaxed setting.

From the start we got really involved in the process. We even helped loading the dogs from the kennel in to the truck and trailer.

Russell (owner) and Roy (Guide) explained everything perfectly and took the time to answer any questions. They were very professional en friendly, relaxed at the same time. It felt like a day amongst friends!
For me really important was to see that the dogs were taken care of properly and loved like pets in a normal household. You could see that the dogs were not forced to do anything but they really wanted to run and play in the snow!

The views during the trip were amazing! It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to everyone!
If you are looking for a professional sledding company that can give you the ultimate sledding experience, don’t look any further!

Visited April 2012
portsmouth
“A week I will never forget brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Did a full week doing dog sledding and ski joring and crosscountry skiing its a week I will never forget fantastic memories. the 2 guides were very friendly and helped me a lot with my skiing. we camped out overnight which was excellent. the dogs a very friendly. I have nothing bad to say about this. I would definitely book with maddogs again next time i come back to canada

Visited April 2012
MEDICINE HAT
“Brilliant time had by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

had a brilliant time and the tuition was great i look forward to booking this adventure again.

Visited March 2012