We enjoyed a 2 King bedroom suite (with 2-storey fireplace) so much, we forgot the mountain view on more than one occasion. The Lodge is tucked away from Main Street, yet is a short walk to Canmore's shops and pubs. The photo on TripAdvisor's webpage gives the impression that it's next to a highway - that's just the access road which leads to Main Street, with cars parked along the curb.
Despite having a beautifully equipped kitchen at our disposal, we picked up some take-out on our first night and enjoyed it at the dining room table, overlooking the mountains. The interior designers managed to blend rustic and modern perfectly.
The beds are top-notch. I often don't sleep well the first night of a trip, but the room and mountain air put me out like a light.
Some of these suites are available for purchase, so if you've ever entertained the idea of having your own mountain retreat, Rundle Cliffs will give you an opportunity to test the waters in style.
For those tired of a somewhat over-commercialized Banff stay, this is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spring Creek: a unique mountain village in the very heart of downtown Canmore. Surrounded by two mountain streams, with tranquil streamside pathways that lead you into the downtown core where an array of mountain cuisine and eclectic shopping awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Rundle Cliffs Luxury Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rundle Cliffs Luxury Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Rundle Cliffs Luxury Mountain Lodge Canmore, Alberta